Who We Are
Astronauts needed for a mission.
At the risk of sounding immodest, SecureLink may be the coolest company you’ve never heard of. After 14 years in business, we announced a strategic investment from Vista Equity Partners in 2017. Vista is the leading technology investment firm focusing exclusively on software, data, and technology-enabled companies. With our partners, existing customers, products and people, we are excited to launch the company to a higher orbit.
SecureLink is the leading platform for secure, remote support of enterprise software. Our customers are top-tier names in healthcare, gaming, government, retail, legal and other highly-regulated industries.
SecureLink’s world headquarters in West Austin is called the Hill Country Spaceship - a great facility we believe you would be proud to call your workplace. https://www.securelink.com/about/tourthespaceship/
What You’ll Do
The SecureLink product management team is looking to add a Product Associate to the team. SecureLink Product Management is responsible for three key areas within the business – (1) defining development priorities and projects, (2) owning market intelligence and strategy and (3) launching product and ensuring organizational enablement of new releases and/or products.
The Product Associate will be responsible for general support of the team on analysis, project management as well as own key deliverables and processes within the product team across these three areas. The Product Associate will report directly the Vice President of Product Management but will support the entire product team. Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Product launch process management
- Ad hoc data and market analysis in support of business cases and other strategic initiatives
- Desktop research into competitors and potential partners
- Technical writing of key documentation including positioning documents and release notes
- Liaising with marketing to ensure copy is technically accurate and aligned with positioning
- Maintenance of new feature JIRA tickets and backlog management including:
- Following up on new requests to ensure all key data is captured especially business rationale/problem statement
- Assurance that worked tickets are updated/spliced to ensure alignment on what is being developed and delivered, and what functionality may still be outstanding
- Running and maintaining new feature grooming process
Skills & Requirements
What You’ll Need
The most important trait for this candidate is a strong intellectual curiosity and passion for learning and problem-solving. This role does not require previous product management experience but a strong interest in learning the product management discipline is a must.
The ideal candidate will have a technical bend, ideally with a computer science or engineering education or background and 1-3 years of on the job experience. Experience in technical writing for an enterprise software organization would be a huge plus, but none of these are required for the right candidate.
Why Choose Us
SecureLink doesn’t just Have Fun Creating Value Over the Long Run (HFCV/LR) for our customers and shareholders, we Have Fun Creating Value in the lives and careers of our employees. Benefits and perks include:
- Health: Medical, dental and vision insurance - SecureLink foots the whole bill for employees and subsidizes dependent coverage at 75%!
- Wellness: SecureLink kicks cash into your HSA, $2,500 for those with individual coverage and $5,000 for those with family coverage. Employees are provided with a standing desk, healthy snacks, and have free access to an onsite gym.
- Retirement: SecureLink contributes 3% of your annual base salary to a 401k.
- Time off: Employees receive unlimited PTO, including time to volunteer. Additionally, we offer 10 paid company holidays.
- Perks: Our onsite kitchen provides employees with healthy options for breakfast & lunch every day. We kick back $100 per month towards cell phone reimbursement.
- Workspace: Casual dress code for our employees, and you will see many people around wearing jeans, and yes – even t-shirts and the occasional pair of flip-flops.
Happy and successful SecureLink employees embrace the company’s mission to have fun creating value over the long run. Great employees have three attributes that make them “slinky”. These are 1) excellence at their position, 2) eagerness to grow and improve and 3) a true sense of responsibility to meaningfully contribute to the company, customers, and culture.
If you are just looking for another job, this is not the place for you. We like to laugh and be around happy, smart, interesting, self-motivated and “slinky” people. Slackers, grumps, and pessimists need not apply.