Favor is seeking a seasoned Product Designer to bring fresh ideas and a passion for users to our Consumer, Runner, and Merchant technologies.
Working closely with product managers and engineers, you’ll have the unique opportunity to influence the direction of Favor's products. You’ll be involved in the entire development process of consumer products, help gather product requirements, collect user feedback, prototype, and design tests for newly coded product features.
You are constantly thinking about the entire ecosystem and how a change to one user’s experience could affect another. You can think in both low and high fidelity, you understand the impact of design on UX, you love getting dirty and tearing apart products, and you understand that you are the user’s voice in every conversation.
- 3-5 years of experience in product design, UX Design, or a similar role
- 3+ years working for a consumer based product company or similar
- Strong knowledge of user-centered mobile and web applications
- A well established set of core values regarding user experience, user research, usability, and technology
- Strong communication skills to collaborate with creative peers, engineers and key stakeholders, including senior leadership.
- A deep desire to fully immerse yourself in the experience of each of our audiences to understand their likes, dislikes, delights and frustrations
- A keen ability to understand problems, create requirements and work with multiple teams to drive design review and achieve the best outcome for the end user
- Strong user experience skill set including strategy, information architecture, and design aesthetic
- Proven ability in a variety of design tools and processes for wireframing and whiteboarding techniques (Adobe, Sketch, etc.)A driven team player who works well in a collaborative environment, but is focused on project detail and completion.
- Excellent presentation and persuasion skills
- A portfolio which clearly demonstrates your user-centric thinking across a variety of applications (please include a link in your application)
Great to Have
- Comfortable with conducting formal and informal (scrappy) user conversations and studies
- Experience presenting to and communicating directly with C-Level executives
- Versed in understanding and evolving user journeys and personas
- Experience creating style guides, pattern libraries, and other design solutions that drive design across large organizations.
- Degree in digital design, graphic design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience.
- Experience in a startup or mobile culture - i.e. you can adapt to quick changes within both the company and mobile industry
Read Full Job Description