You're looking for an adventure where you can tackle complex problems, drive change, and design a powerful and novel product. You want to collaborate with people that creatively solve problems, make decisions with conviction and nerd out about the internet. You’re comfortable with being uncomfortable, and you thrive in an environment based on continual improvement. You aren’t afraid to try new things and make mistakes. If this sounds like you, we want you on our team!
New Knowledge is a fast-growing information integrity company on a mission to help our clients understand the internet. We use AI and machine learning to alert brands to potentially damaging online campaigns, and we are revolutionizing the way companies and industries make sense of disinformation, echo chambers, and filter bubbles. We are led by successful entrepreneurs, NSA veterans and disinformation industry experts. Current clients include Fortune 100 customers across a number of industries and our investors include Moonshots Capital, GGV Capital and Capital Factory.
We're looking for a Product Designer with 3 or more years of experience in web app product design. In this role, you will be based out of our Austin office and will report to the Director of Product.
What you'll do:
- You'll work with product managers, engineers, and data scientists to build functional and beautiful products that help our users easily understand and take action on potential attacks.
- Design the look and feel of a market-leading B2B product, everything from signup flows to new features to the tiniest interaction of exporting a CSV. You’ll define and develop style guides for a growing product and team.
- Prototype and iterate with everything from whiteboard drawings to high-fi mocks. You’ll give and receive a lot of feedback.
- Convey complex concepts with data visualizations and charts. Our data scientists and machine learning engineers found the signal in the noise, and you’ll surface that signal to our users.
- Collaborate to deliver the best product for our users. You’ll work with amazing engineers and data scientists. With them, you’ll explore brand new problem spaces and stretch to make complicated solutions easy to use.
- Design for users. This might include user research and data analysis, investigating competitors, and developing user personas. It will definitely include talking to our users.
- Guide the look and feel of New Knowledge. Of course that means product design but that also includes some non-product work too, like marketing materials and swag (NK-branded dog collars? Why not.)
Who you’ll work with:
Your immediate team includes product managers, front-end developers, and full-stack engineers. We work in an agile, iterative environment. You’ll also work with data scientists and research scientists who are applying machine learning to help predict and understand human behavior. Your users include in-house security and domain experts who are just a few desks or a Slack message away.
What you have:
- You have 3+ years of experience in web app product design. You have experience shipping web apps (not just websites). Bonus points for prior experience product designing B2B solutions, data visualizations, or any sort of dashboard that takes data and turns them into insights.
- You have demonstrated product design skill. You’re proficient in Sketch, Invision, or comparable tools. Your portfolio is fantastic and shows off beautiful designs that are also highly functional. You can speak to how you took a design from idea to wireframes to delivery.
- You’re excited to be the FIRST product designer on a growing product team because you know you can learn, grow, and share what you know. You’re eager to influence a team and a product from the ground up. Maybe you’ve worked at a growing startup before.
- Maybe you don’t write code every day, but you know enough to work well alongside engineers. You know what’s generally trivial or not for HTML, CSS, and React. You know what you need to scale down in a design if the team is in a time crunch.
- You’re empathetic. You strive to understand everybody you work with and everybody who might use your product. You want to fight for them.
What You’ll Get:
- Purpose-driven work
- Market-leading salary and equity compensation
- Coverage under best in class, flexible medical, vision and dental plans
- 401(k) with 100% company match up to 4% of salary and immediate vesting
- Unlimited vacation that you’re encouraged to take, including paid parental leave
- Stocked kitchen full of healthy snacks and drinks
- Weekly catered lunch
- Free parking near our downtown office
- Free membership to onsite gym and pool
- Annual budget to purchase books and educational subscriptions
- Monthly team-wide events like movie screenings at Alamo Drafthouse, escape rooms, and stand up paddle boarding on the river
- Many more benefits … apply to find out!