Shipwell believes we are fundamentally changing the logistics industry and breaking the mold for how the supply chain has been operated for centuries. We work with thousands of shippers and carriers to create the leading software solution in logistics through an unmatched technology platform. With a fast-paced and gritty startup mentality, and recently closing a $35M series B investment round, Shipwell provides a unique opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a future Fortune 500 Company. We are backed by some of the best investors in both Silicon Valley and Austin who believe we are onto something and we need the right people to continue our rapid growth plan towards changing the supply chain world.
If you have a passion for solving complex problems through designing elegant and intuitive product experiences and designs, a desire to transform a complex industry and an intense interest in identifying a better way of doing things - this might be the perfect role for you. The Product Designer role provides you with a unique opportunity to join a high growth,software company as we pivot into a record-breaking 3rd year. Shipwell is laying the foundation on which our industry will be reinvented; we’re looking for individuals who want to part of a significant change. Ideas come from being an innovator and an amplifier, that strives to achieve more, for themselves and to enable greatness in others.
WHAT YOU WILL DO WHEN YOU GET HERE
- From day one, you’ll leverage your extensive knowledge of product user experience and visual design principles to solve ambiguous problems and design clear, intuitive, and delightful user experiences and interfaces.
- Work closely with product management, engineers, other designers and data scientists to truly understand and break down problems, and design and refine clear user-facing product workflows, experiences, and interfaces.
- Lead design research with customers - testing product prototypes and concepts early and often to deliver products and features that make sense.
- Get to know customers and users intimately - understanding that empathy for their problems and challenges is the only way to design successful products.
- Design for desktop, mobile and mobile app environments to ensure a consistent end to end user experience across platforms, audiences and contexts.
- Deliver polished visual designs for responsive web and mobile apps that are obvious, elegant, and delightful.
- Maintain a balance between perfection and speed.
- Build and leverage a comprehensive design system of repurposable patterns and components.
- Push boundaries. Challenge conventional wisdom. Never settle for the status quo.
- Be passionate about our product, and the role of design in making it successful.
WHAT YOU NEED TO HAVE
- 3+ years of professional work in product design and UX/UI design
- A strong instinct and eye for design and user UX
- Ability to design projects across the entire product lifecycle and for both web and mobile functionality
- An exceptional online portfolio that demonstrates your design thinking and problem solving as well as visual design skills
- Confidence to ask tough questions and take ownership in pushing product boundaries with the intention of always improving the product
- An intense curiosity for understanding our customers and thinking through their problems
- Creative problem-solving expertise with an ability to scrutinize problems and identify non-obvious solutions rather than accepting surface level answers
- Experience working alongside designers, product managers, engineering and leadership in a highly collaborative environment
- Corporate headquarters in sunny Austin, TX
- Incredible growth opportunity at one of the fastest growing companies in Austin
- The kitchen is fully stocked with local coffee, drinks, and snacks
- Company sponsored healthcare insurance and dental insurance
- Team building events and office competitions
- Receive an elite technology package to include a brand new MacBook Pro!
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to put your thumbprint on a high-growth company in the early stages
- An open work environment where everyone, even the new folks, have a voice
View all our open positions at http://www.shipwell.com/careers
We've announced our $35M Series B financing round! Read more https://shipwell.com/series-b.
Shipwell is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Shipwell, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight. We have pledged to create a diverse and culturally strong company and environment.