Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry by making genetic testing affordable and accessible for everyone to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
The mission of the Bioinformatics Platform team is to build scalable systems and analytical tools that enable Invitae to provide impactful data to millions of patients per year. The platform seeks to provide leading-edge bioinformatic services to power scientific discovery and product development at Invitae. You will play a strategic role in defining how we continue to scale our services to support a distributed lab environment.
The genetic testing space is moving and rapidly growing quickly. In support of the Invitae mission, our bioinformatic engineering, software engineering and lab teams need to continue to move toward the future with precision and efficiency. We are looking for a product leader who can guide us through this groundbreaking time. Your experience, passion, and leadership skills will lay the foundation for Invitae’s continued success.What you’ll do:
- Define the product vision and strategy for the Bioinformatics Platform
- Build and deliver the Bioinformatics Platform’s tactical roadmap by combining your deep technical expertise, critical thinking, and leadership skills
- Capture requirements from partner teams and translate those into best-in-class platform automation (APIs), user-focused services, and strategies for scalability
- Represent the customer in product and feature design and implementation
- Work across all subject areas and stakeholders to move Bioinformatics platform initiatives forward and ensure adoption of new systems and processes
- Analyze data from multiple sources and help the team make the right trade-offs between capability, cost, engineering complexity, and other factors
- Define, supervise, and report on key metrics related to the Bioinformatics Platform
- Build and communicate initiatives that allow customers to learn, embrace, and become promoters of platform tools
- Maintain the team’s focus on a shared vision
- Proven ability to lead internal platform initiatives from inception to production
- Expertise in design of customer-driven solutions for software, analytical tools,
- A passion for taking ambitious risks and delivering transformative technologies to existing business practices
- Ability to communicate how engineering system design relates to company outcomes
- Experience leading projects and making trade-offs across multiple stakeholders
- Proven ability to identify and reconcile misalignment across engineering teams, product teams, and business stakeholders
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present sophisticated data and information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences, including executives and technical/non-technical leaders
At Invitae, you’ll work alongside some of the world’s experts in genetics and healthcare at the forefront of genetic medicine. Our teams thrive in our multifaceted organization, which has been crafted to empower them to make the biggest impact they can for our patients. We give our employees the ability to explore interests and capabilities broadly within the organization. We prize freedom with accountability and offer significant flexibility. We also provide excellent benefits and competitive compensation in a fast-growing organization.
At Invitae, we’re changing healthcare to change lives. Join us.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance