Product Manager - Business Intelligence at Bright Health (Austin, TX)
- Drive product vision and strategy in alignment with the Bright Health Product Strategy and Bright Analytics Strategy
- Manage the entire product development cycle from strategic planning to launch and post-launch optimization
- Drive adoption of standardization, automation, scalability, and agility are components of the systems and tools
- Recommend the most effective, highest quality, most appropriate solution; utilize conflict management skills in negotiating agreement among all parties.
- Drive alignment on our product strategy across many business stakeholders
- Ensure accomplishment of key product OKRs
- Participate in sprint planning, backlog review and prioritization, and retrospective activities all while representing the “voice of the customer”
- Work closely with engineering to represent the voice of key stakeholders during the design/development process
- Create detailed roadmaps, prioritize relentlessly, and communicate trade-offs internally
- Identify and fix process gaps around execution, roll-out, and ongoing support of software projects
- Document and disseminate both internal documentation as well as business-facing and business-appropriate reference materials that reflect the detailed configuration of Bright Health products.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- BA/BS degree in a business or technical field, or equivalent practical experience; Master’s degree preferred
- 3+ years at a healthcare technology company, pure technology company, or technology or strategy consulting firm in a Product Manager role
- Experience coordinating multiple cross-functional teams and initiatives, ideally through an Agile framework
- Demonstrated leadership in product definition and implementation
- Experience in healthcare data platforms preferred, especially for use cases involving provider data, claims data, health encounter data, contract and risk modeling.
- Experience with Microsoft systems (Azure, PowerBi, etc.). Experience with Tableau is also helpful.
- Training or expertise in data visualization best practices is a plus
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence and Aha! a plus
- Strong project management skills and excellent organizational and communication skills
- Strong understanding of typical software development processes; working knowledge of agile software development methodology
- Demonstrate superb decision-making skills by engaging experts while determining alternatives and quickly synthesize information, derive insights, and devise solutions
- Excellent team-player with the ability to consistently demonstrate the highest levels of professionalism, integrity, mutual respect and accountability to others; ability to maintain strong relationships across key stakeholders and constituents
- (Optional) Comfort with big data tools and cognitive computing tooling and methodologies
- Start-up mentality and comfortable innovating at a fast pace
- Understanding of the conceptual, strategic and technical aspects of an issue. Capable of grasping these concepts quickly and translating the impacts to the client.
- Must be self-motivated, proactive and able to work well under pressure
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time