Product Manager - Business Intelligence at Bright Health (Austin, TX)
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:01 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday, April 8, 2020
By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Bright Health’s Product team will support the definition and creation of products for Bright Health Plan, Bright Health Care and Bright Health Intelligence. This position will work with stakeholders across the company to distill common needs, define executable requirements, and build useful features for Business Intelligence tools and reports. Collaborators will include fellow product owners, business analysts, market managers, contracting leads, operations, clinical, engineers and database architects as needed to support the full life cycle of analytic product development. Technical platforms and infrastructure are critical to realizing our mission, and in this role will play a leading role in determining how best to use technical resources to support Bright Health’s efforts to revolutionize the payer industry.
- Drive product vision and strategy in alignment with the Bright Health Product Strategy and Bright Analytics Strategy
- Manage the entire product development cycle from strategic planning to launch and post-launch optimization
- Drive adoption of standardization, automation, scalability, and agility are components of the systems and tools
- Recommend the most effective, highest quality, most appropriate solution; utilize conflict management skills in negotiating agreement among all parties.
- Drive alignment on our product strategy across many business stakeholders
- Ensure accomplishment of key product OKRs
- Participate in sprint planning, backlog review and prioritization, and retrospective activities all while representing the “voice of the customer”
- Work closely with engineering to represent the voice of key stakeholders during the design/development process
- Create detailed roadmaps, prioritize relentlessly, and communicate trade-offs internally
- Identify and fix process gaps around execution, roll-out, and ongoing support of software projects
- Document and disseminate both internal documentation as well as business-facing and business-appropriate reference materials that reflect the detailed configuration of Bright Health products.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- BA/BS degree in a business or technical field, or equivalent practical experience; Master’s degree preferred
- 3+ years at a healthcare technology company, pure technology company, or technology or strategy consulting firm in a Product Manager role
- Experience coordinating multiple cross-functional teams and initiatives, ideally through an Agile framework
- Demonstrated leadership in product definition and implementation
- Experience in healthcare data platforms preferred, especially for use cases involving provider data, claims data, health encounter data, contract and risk modeling.
- Experience with Microsoft systems (Azure, PowerBi, etc.). Experience with Tableau is also helpful.
- Training or expertise in data visualization best practices is a plus
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence and Aha! a plus
- Strong project management skills and excellent organizational and communication skills
- Strong understanding of typical software development processes; working knowledge of agile software development methodology
- Demonstrate superb decision-making skills by engaging experts while determining alternatives and quickly synthesize information, derive insights, and devise solutions
- Excellent team-player with the ability to consistently demonstrate the highest levels of professionalism, integrity, mutual respect and accountability to others; ability to maintain strong relationships across key stakeholders and constituents
- (Optional) Comfort with big data tools and cognitive computing tooling and methodologies
- Start-up mentality and comfortable innovating at a fast pace
- Understanding of the conceptual, strategic and technical aspects of an issue. Capable of grasping these concepts quickly and translating the impacts to the client.
- Must be self-motivated, proactive and able to work well under pressure
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
LICENSURES AND CERTIFICATIONS
· Product management trainings or certifications are a plus
At Bright Health, we brought together the brightest minds from the health care industry and consumer technology and together we created Bright Health: a new, brighter approach to healthcare, built for individuals. Our plans are easy to manage, personalized and more affordable, giving people the quality care they deserve. Through our exclusive care partnerships with leading health systems in local communities we are reshaping how people and physicians achieve better health together.
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We've won some fun awards like: Great Places to Work, Modern Healthcare, Forbes, etc. But more than anything, we're a group of people who are really dedicated to our mission in healthcare. Come join our growing team!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of Bright Health, our consumers, and the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Read Full Job Description