Product Manager, Conversations Platform
Are you passionate about helping people find answers through conversational technology? Do you love to create systems that both power innovation and serve a global platform? Are you technical enough to collaborate with engineers to about the advantages of one technology over another? Vrbo helps travelers find the right vacation rental, a search that often includes the need to get answers from a property owner or virtual assistant.
You will help deliver the next generation, Expedia-wide communications platform.
- Conversations: We provide the services that enable Travelers, Partners and Virtual Assistants to communicate throughout the Traveler journey, while ensuring bookings stay on our platform and transactions are safe and secure.
- Notifications: We provide frameworks that facilitate multi-channel notifications (email, push, SMS, etc.), empowering internal teams to innovate, build, and test while implementing guardrails that ensure deliverability.
What You'll Do:
- Think boldly creatively, and scientifically to create concrete product ideas and business cases for maximizing efficient and effective communications among all participants in the Vrbo Marketplace.
- Recognize issues and opportunities associated with our conversations or notifications platforms that have been surfaced by users who are well abstracted from our platform.
- Negotiate domain space and technical contracts with internal teams so that expectations and responsibilities are clear.
- You will collaborate with stakeholders to understand their use cases, identify unmet needs and craft new products and features to address them.
- Execute the vision, strategy and product roadmap.
- You will collaborate with Expedia Group colleagues to identify and explore opportunities to use and/or co-develop platform capabilities.
- Work with the engineering team with an agile mindset and process to define, elaborate, and implement user stories.
Who You Are:
- 5+ years experience as a technical product manager, solutions architect, or technical integration consultant...preference for platform products
- You have a validated history of evidence-based decisions
- Solid understanding of clean API designs, tooling & documentation around platform products and services
- Prior experience driving integration of products and adoption of core services by internal teams
- You have the ability to handle large, complex products in a rapidly changing environment
- Validated experience balancing the requirements for multiple teams inside and outside the conversations platform
- Experience preparing and presenting a technical roadmap, grooming product backlog, and participating in agile ceremonies
- You have strong critical thinking, information architecture and data modeling skills, communication and presentation abilities
- Prior experience sizing OPEX for new services and providing a first pass negotiation of vendor contracts a plus
- BS or BA in a related field preferred
- Experience working with remote teams
- Willing to travel up to 15%
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on VRBO.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
In 1995, Vrbo introduced a new way for people to travel together, pairing homeowners with families and friends looking for places to stay. We were grounded in one purpose: To give people the space they need to drop the distractions of everyday life and simply be together. Since then, we've grown into a global community of homeowners and travelers, with unique properties in 190 countries around the world. Vrbo makes it easy and fun to book cabins, condos, beach houses and every kind of space in between.
Vrbo is part of VRBO and the Expedia Group family of brands and offers homeowners and property managers exposure to over 750 million visits to Expedia Group sites each month. To learn more, visit www.vrbo.com.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.