Product Manager, Data & Machine Learning (Remote) at BigCommerce
BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce (Nasdaq: BIGC) is a leading software-as-a-service (SaaS) ecommerce platform that empowers merchants of all sizes to build, innovate, and grow their businesses online. As a leading open SaaS solution, BigCommerce provides merchants sophisticated enterprise-grade functionality, customization, and performance with simplicity and ease-of-use. Tens of thousands of B2B and B2C companies across 120 countries and numerous industries use BigCommerce to create appealing, engaging online stores, including Ben & Jerry’s, Skullcandy, Sony, and Woolrich. Headquartered in Austin, BigCommerce has offices in San Francisco, Sydney, and London.
Our mission is to power unrivaled ecommerce success at every stage of our customers’ growth. We equip growing businesses with the world’s most effective platform for creating alluring stores, attracting customers wherever they shop, and generating sales. Online businesses using BigCommerce can outsell and outperform those on other platforms.
About the role
We are looking for a Product Manager to own the strategy and execution for several of the data & ML (machine learning) solutions that we provide merchants running ecommerce stores on BigCommerce.
This is a remote position and the ideal candidate will reside in San Francisco, CA, or in any major city in the US.
What you’ll do:
- Evolve our data & ML strategy and work closely with leaders across the organization to ensure that the initiatives you drive align with the strategic vision of the product and the broader company objectives.
- Develop the product roadmap for your team(s) and lead the execution across many of our data & ML solutions; Analytics for ecommerce merchants, Product recommendations for shoppers powered by machine learning, Data warehouse integrations for merchants, Google Analytics integration for merchants, etc.
- Partner with Strategic Business Development and Marketing teams to drive adoption of the data solutions you are responsible for.
- Work during hours that are conducive to people in the San Francisco, California, Austin, Texas and Kyiv, Ukraine area. Your engineering teams and cross functional partners are in these locations. Beyond that, work hours are flexible.
- 3+ years product management experience leading teams and initiatives
- You’ve led multiple product features/lines simultaneously
- You have a data background, or have a data orientation, enough to have a productive discussion with data engineers to understand the pros and cons of different technologies, designs, and solutions.
- You are familiar with some of the key concepts in event driven data pipelines and event data modelling
- You have a laser focus on the customer which enables you to have a deep understanding of their problems and how they use the product.
- You’re phenomenal at collaborating with cross-functional teams across multiple functions; product marketing, strategic business development, legal, product design, project management, ux research, and of course engineering.
- You have strong communication and presentation abilities.
- You have at least basic SQL skills for analyzing data.
It would be excellent if you had one or more of the following:
- Experience building product functionality that demonstrates machine learning or other relevant academic experience with machine learning
- Experience working with data science technologies
- Experience with data modelling
- Experience with analytics for ecommerce businesses
- Experience with one or more business intelligence platforms such as Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, Google Looker, Google Data Studio, etc.
- Experience with Google Analytics, Google Ads, and/or Facebook Pixel
- Experience with Customer Data Platforms such as Segment.com
- Experience developing products that are aligned with data privacy laws, such as GDPR.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com.