Product Manager - Data Science at realtor.com
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:04 a.m. (CST) on Monday, July 1, 2019
The home search starts online, but the real estate industry is often optimized for in-person, one-on-one service. That's a fantastic experience once you connect with the right professional, but finding the right fit isn't always a smooth process. Opcity built a nationwide real-time data and technology platform combining cutting edge deep learning, business analytics and human intuition with the latest web, mobile and digital telephony technologies to enable our team of professionals, and thousands of real estate agents and brokers, to make sure we connect every home buy with the right agent at the right time so more time is spent finding a home and less time finding the perfect agent.
As the product manager of our data science initiatives, you will guide a team that is charged with using data across our product suites to not only improve user experiences and increase the profitability of solutions offered to our customers and consumers, but also increase profitability of business operations by driving value through internally used products. Based on your understanding of the market, our business needs, and the data available externally and across systems, you will identify the the best opportunities to use data to drive business growth. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the ability to influence others to make that vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time in the market to understand customer problems, and find innovative solutions for the broader market.
You must be able to communicate with all areas of the company. You will work very closely with product teams across the company to coordinate the implementation of your team’s data science initiatives on their roadmap and to ensure your team is getting the data they need from each product to drive the best results possible.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Define high quality, simple product road maps based on team strategy and vision
- Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application
- Specify market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by data from conversations with customers, prospects and internal stakeholders
- Collaborate gracefully with data science and engineering teams internally and externally to deliver on the vision
- Conduct tests and experiments to validate or invalidate your assumptions and hypotheses
- Apply and execute design-thinking methodologies in a continuous delivery development process
What We Like to See / Measures of Success:
- Vision - You have an eye for great products, and advocate for new features with quantitative and qualitative reasoning
- Customer Focus - You comprehend and advocate for the product and our customer's needs; you bring strong customer empathy and experience driving product direction and execution based on customer needs
- Decisive - You can translate ambiguous or conflicting inputs into solid action plans and precise requirements
- Influence - The ability to influence other product teams to prioritize both the tracking of critical data and the incorporation of new data science initiatives on their roadmap is a critical skill that the data science product manager must possess.
- Communication Skills - Clear, concise written and verbal communication skills; experience crafting epics, user stories, and tasks
- Planning - Lead cross-functional participation in planning and execution; direct product development toward the highest-ROI opportunities
- Attention to Detail - You sweat the small stuff, and you raise the team’s standards for quality and attention to detail
- Speak Data/Engineering - You speak to data science and statistics related concepts; you understand and can represent the technical implications of a product strategy
- Data-Driven - Experience with SQL and establishing metrics to guide prioritization a must
- 1-2+ years of product management experience at a leading technology company
- 1-2+ years experience working as part of a data science team is a strong plus
- Demonstrated ability to work within a research organization
- Ability to manage large, complex projects in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated experience in adopting product management best practices, standards and policies
- Training in Pragmatic Marketing Product Management principles a strong plus
- Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics or Data Science degree or related work experience a strong plus
Read Full Job Description