Product Manager - Data
As the Product Manager on AffiniPay’s Product Data Team, you will own the strategy and roadmap for our product data. You will be the translator across the company by gaining a deep understanding of what the data means and how it needs to be structured. You will be responsible for the entire lifecycle of the way that product data is used in the company. This includes the evolution of our data warehouse content, our data tools, dashboards and data definitions.
You have been a part of organizations like ours in the past, building out a data warehouse and implementing an entire internal data platform to be used across the organization. You are extremely organized and have the ability to prioritize and lead a team through execution.
- You will drive the strategy and roadmap for product data and data systems including our data warehouse implementation.
- You will define requirements, develop and prioritize a data roadmap based upon feedback across the company on the right data to be available in the data warehouse and through a suite of data tools that include data visualization and dashboard tools.
- You understand that building products with data requires a data strategy — what is your plan for how data will be generated, collected, and consumed. It’s not enough to collect data and stash it in a data warehouse for post hoc analysis. You have a plan for why the data generated by the product will be used to improve the product and our company insights, over time
- You understand that collecting data and using data are two different parts of building with data with different tradeoffs.
- You will translate requirements between engineers, designers, marketers, and other PMs. You will build product instrumentation and data storage into their acceptance criteria while collaborating to ensure that data will be accessible and usable for analysis and modeling as soon as possible.
- You can perform your own analyses — you can write your own SQL, build your own dashboards, and interpret your own experiments.
- You know that data, models, and outputs aren’t enough — you still have to be a product manager and bring these components back to the business model and their organization’s strategy.
- You will uncover the needs of internal customers and couple them with intuitive and actionable data solutions.
- You will develop rich, interactive visualizations including owning the evolution of our Product Dashboard
- You will perform advanced data transformations in SQL and Excel
- You are experienced using a BI or visualization software (ex. Tableau, Looker, Domo, etc.)
- 2+ years of product management experience.
- 3+ years of product management experience with data products, platform services, and related projects.
- Core product management skills of stakeholder management, evaluating business impact, tradeoff prioritization, and attention to detail
- Experience partnering with cross-functional teams like engineering and analytics to define, build, and maintain products which are essential to growth, engagement, and retention.
- Experience working with engineering teams to design and build products in a fast-paced environment.
- Analytical skills that allow for data-driven decision-making.
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast paced, multiple-project environment.
- Strong presentation and written/verbal communication skills.
- Experience in data visualization tools such as Tableau and Domo.
About AffiniPay With over a decade of experience as a leader in financial technology, our AffiniPay development team has built a proprietary, end-to-end payment system that is used by tens of thousands of professionals and organizations across a variety of industries. Our robust platform is driving professional practices forward and improving the way that professionals get paid. Additionally, this platform was specifically developed to provide flexible payment integration options for developers in other industries to help them create custom payment solutions, and has been integrated into dozens of software products. We are facing interesting and unique problems as we look to change the professional payment industry.
Affini-Perks! We've got you covered... Competitive compensation structure
401K with automatic 5% company contribution
100% paid medical, dental, and vision benefit plans
100% Company paid short- and long-term disability and life insurance
Competitive PTO plan
Paid maternity/paternity leave
Fun destination quarterly meetings
AffiniPay Swag Package
Company lunches and fully stocked kitchen
All the benefits of a startup culture without the downsides
The chance to get in on the ground floor of one of Austin's fastest growing companies!
AffiniPay is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.