Join us as a Product Manager, Data in our Austin office, and be instrumental in helping achieve our vision to change behavior and revolutionize payment in the gigantic and increasingly tech-savvy construction industry.
A Product Manager, Data at Levelset will be responsible for cross functional data products to distribute our data through various (API's & Streams). The data platform assembles, transforms, and loads large data sets (>10M) about US contractors, sub-contractors, suppliers, projects, payment documents, etc... across various internal and external sources (i.e. Saas applications and data systems, US County Clerk data). The scope of this data product lane is to make our data accessible for both internal users as well as building integrated experiences for our customers. Our stack currently consists of technologies like MySQL, PHP, Neo4J, Redis and other modern tools in a highly scalable microservices architecture.
- Collaboration and Decision Making
- Defining data use cases and requirements gathering from both internal and external constituents to support both corporate and data roadmap KPI’s
- Accurately use key data and metrics to support assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions
- Offer short and long terms solutions to business problems from a data platform and tools perspective while balancing data complexity, data resource availability, and execution efforts
- Establish and Execute on Monthly Releases
- Release / user story grooming scoping (technical feasibility and data prepping)
- Write specs, create wireframes, prototypes, test plans, release checklists and communicate functionality
- Provide pre-development data analysis, workflow design, and systems analysis to improve development forecasting and improve development velocity
- High user experience design sensibilities and a passion for making the lives of users easier
- Implement and enforce data quality processes through development / content (editorial) alignment
- Identify and fix process gaps around execution, roll-out, and ongoing support of data projects
- Computer science degree or equivalent experience with high volume data aggregation products
- 3 years in a business analyst / product management role working on data driven applications (i.e. recommenders, auto-enrichment) and creating engaging UX
- 3 years experience and fluency in SQL and/or other advanced query languages and data extraction tools; curiosity for data structures, data quality, and data management toolsets
- Build quick prototypes and UI/UX mocks to communicate ideas
- Analytical mindset with the ability to structure and process qualitative data and draw insightful conclusions
- Problem solver able to take a complex business request and transform it into a clean, simple data solution
- Quick learner and open to new ideas and technologies, and willing to offer creative solutions
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Must be an intellectually curious self-starter and motivated to continually learn
Levelset has been named one of the "Best Places to Work" by New Orleans CityBusiness three years in a row for our mission-driven culture and commitment to internal and external growth. Backed by venture funding, we are growing rapidly and looking for new exciting team members to add their unique talents to our mission. We empower contractors to always get what they earn, and our software platform makes lien rights, payment paperwork, and compliance in the construction industry simple and stress-free, so contractors and suppliers can get paid faster, have easier access to capital, and less surprises.
Levelset is venture-backed by Horizons Ventures, S3 Ventures, Altos Ventures, and Brick & Mortar Ventures. Levelset is headquartered in New Orleans, Louisiana, with offices in Austin, Texas, and Cairo, Egypt, and is 200+ employees strong.
- We’re a rapidly growing team working on interesting and worthwhile problems
- With a newly distributed workforce, we make engagement and employee wellness even more of a priority. We want you to love your job!
- We believe professional growth (i.e. building your skills) is essential. Working here provides the opportunity for increased responsibility, continuous learning, and more.
- We have a very welcoming culture that starts at the top with our CEO.
- Nothing is a secret here, we think honesty and transparency create a productive workplace.
- Recognition for hard work and demonstrating our core values is important to us.
- Competitive health benefits, including mental, emotional, and behavioral health benefits and an easy to use Employee Assistance Program.
- Flexible sick & personal leave policy needed for health, family, and parenting during this tough time.
- Open vacation policy without a cap on the number of days-off. We do require employees to take a minimum of 5 days off in a row each year.
- Subsidized International Travel: We subsidize international travel starting at 6 months, and increasing each year
- Equity, per company’s general stock grant plan
- 401k account through Betterment which allows you to seamlessly save money for retirement directly from your paycheck
- Learning and Development Opportunities: In the spirit of our core value to Learn Enough, we offer a book reimbursement program. If you share what you learned from a book with the team, we'll reimburse you for it. We also provide ample room for learning and development opportunities through Coursera online courses, outside speakers, and opportunities to learn skills from your colleagues.
Levelset is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships.