At Favor, we’re doing more than providing consumers with the best on-demand delivery experience. We’re building a community of Runners who can work how they want, when they want. And we’re doing all this while growing local businesses.
We put people in the center of everything we do. Our product team advocates for our diverse users and our business, finding creative ways to serve them both. We’re looking for a Product Manager to help Favor grow to become a household name in Texas and beyond. The Discovery & Search Product Manager will be responsible for helping surface the most compelling merchants and content to customers as they browse the app in our Discover and Search sections. They will own the strategy for our recommendations and search algorithms, helping us test our way into more personalized and relevant experiences. And they will develop more robust internal tools for our content that help our teams more effectively merchandise.
- Work with the executive team to define high level goals for each major product initiative.
- Work with operations, support, and business intelligence to seize opportunities and define goals and metrics for our products.
- Provide UX and design with the context and feedback that they need to build wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity designs.
- Provide engineers and QA detailed behavioral specifications to ensure that they build the right software the first time.
- Prepare the organization for change with product marketing and support resources.
- Communicate constantly and effectively to all levels of the company to ease concerns and gather feedback.
- Analyze product performance and make sound decisions on what to do next.
Skills & Qualifications:
- A related degree or comparable formal training, certification, or work experience.
- 3+ years of experience in product management.
- Experience in mobile app and web.
- High touch service experience (preferred).
- Great communication and presentation skills.
- Familiarity with JIRA or similar tools.
- Technical experience is not required, but you must have a basic understanding of software, design, and data analysis.
- Thrives while leading in a fast paced, regularly changing environment. You turn chaos into order, and you love doing it. People look to you for guidance in times of turmoil.
- Is most comfortable when there’s too much to do. You aren’t easily overwhelmed and you prioritize tasks naturally. You’re not afraid to focus on one thing at a time when it’s needed.
- Has high dynamic range. Ability to see the big picture but comfortable diving deep into the details. You’re not above rolling up your sleeves and doing the grunt work.
- Loves great products. You are excited by thoughtful design and you appreciate attention to detail and fine craft.
- Confident but humble. You’re able to make decisions with the wisdom to change course as soon as needed. Ability to collaborate with a diverse group of individuals without drama.
At Favor, we believe that to Run Texas, we need to represent Texas. By putting Community First, we honor the diversity of our backgrounds and experiences through sharing our unique voices. Our community grows when we challenge ourselves to learn and see the world from another’s view. We are committed to growing a team with different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.
Read Full Job Description