Product Manager, eCommerce
HomeAway, based in Austin, Texas, is the world leader in vacation rentals with more than 2 million unique places to stay in 190 countries, and is a part of the Expedia, Inc. family of brands.
HomeAway offers an extensive selection of vacation rental homes that provide travelers with memorable experiences and benefits, especially more room to relax, for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. The company also makes it easy for vacation rental owners and property managers to advertise their properties and manage bookings online.
HomeAway’s ecommerce platforms provide a foundation for our business that supports the largest vacation rental marketplace in the world. We are seeking a Product Manager, eCommerce who can implement a vision for HomeAway’s financial pipeline and can orchestrate the processes and procedures needed for successful releases.
In this role, you will drive solution strategy and execution as we evolve our ecommerce capabilities to build a high-reaching advantage in our global marketplace. You will draw on your industry knowledge to increase the effectiveness of existing solutions, and help build creative solutions to drive global capabilities, scale and efficiency.
Your mission is to help enable ecommerce in every corner of the globe while also meeting the unique legal and regulatory requirements that come with operating in 190+ countries. You will join a team of highly specialized, extraordinary product managers to deliver a flawless end-to-end experience for our travelers and partners.
- Work with cross-functional teams to improve and implement product vision; communicate across the team and organization
- Define the financial pipeline for key ecommerce initiatives:
- Dynamic pricing of HomeAway services
- Quoting, collecting and remitting transactional taxes
- Settling consumer payments and disbursing payouts
- Consolidating HomeAway ecommerce capabilities onto a single platform
- Lead requirements gathering and discovery sessions with business and technical partners
- Conduct competitive analysis and industry research to identify gaps and opportunities that will further inform the product roadmap
- Conceptualize, prioritize, and craft succinct requirements
- Collaborate with colleagues to ensure projects are clearly defined and properly phased to facilitate timely delivery of functionality.
- Manage resolution of urgent business and/or technical issues, communicating with global teams and raising awareness as necessary to ensure timely resolution and minimize business impact
- Define, track and report on the completeness and accuracy of money movements to measure effectiveness and drive improvement
- Collaborate on and make recommendations regarding policy changes that will enable and support the product vision and strategy
- Partner with the engineering team to deliver high-quality product releases
To be considered for the position, you have meaningful and current expertise in working with finance, accounting and an industry leading ERP system (Oracle, SAP etc.).
Your qualifications should include:
- 3+ years software product management, preferably within an agile software development environment
- 7+ years of experience working with accounting functions and financial systems. Experience with transactional billing and SOX controls is desired for this role
- Leading software development projects within ecommerce; Finance or Accounting degree preferred, MBA desired
- Talent and real passion for navigating the complexities of global commerce to better serve customers
- Proficient in using the scientific method to identify and evaluate solutions to business problems
- Possess analytical reasoning and ability to boil down end user needs into new product or improvement ideas
- Ability to prioritize with conviction and communicate decisions effectively
- Consistent record of ownership and management of multiple ongoing complex projects while delivering on schedule
- Ability to lead projects that have global impact, and deployment in a rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrated experience in adopting project management standard methodologies
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Parental Leave (up to 20 weeks based on eligibility)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages, including breakfast on Fridays
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.