Product Manager, Germline at Invitae
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve! We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry by making genetic testing affordable and accessible for everyone to guide health decisions across all stages of life.Position summary:
As the Product Manager for our hereditary cancer product portfolio you will support on-market product or existing panels, as well as bring new products through development, launch, and commercialization. You will lead a collaborative planning process to create and implement the portfolio strategy to support the Company’s commercial business goals. This includes managing successful launches providing market input, identifying key portfolio/feature gaps, and prioritizing feature requirements in support of products designed to accelerate oncology germline testing. You will interact with other departments including R&D, Sales, Project Management, Quality, Manufacturing, Software, Global and Regional Marketing, Medical Affairs, Customer Support and Finance to ensure that products successfully enter into the market and that budgets, timelines and performance objectives are met.Responsibilities:
- Champion the Voice of Customer (VOC) and assist with the development of global user needs pertaining to the product.
- Develop one, three, and five-year product roadmaps.
- Define return on investment for the product and explain development costs.
- Work closely with sub-teams to successfully develop and launch assays and software while meeting timeline and budget targets.
- Drive new product to market in partnership with the global/regional medical affairs and marketing teams as well as the sales team.
- Use technical expertise and market feedback to bring new technologies and develop differentiated products that address the market’s unmet needs.
- Build strong relationships and collaborations with R&D, Project Managers, Commercial, Finance and other key functions and teams.
- Partner with Global Marketing and Business Development to incorporate regional considerations in portfolio decisions and market priorities.
- Ensure successful implementation of our go to market plans to accomplish customer adoption, use goals and financial objectives.
- Lead the customer focused process to define user workflow in different use settings and communicate this workflow to sub-teams for implementation.
- Provide technical marketing support to sales/support teams, training and tool development.
- Actively monitor industry trends to understand the competitive environment and anticipate oncology market trends and demands. Use knowledge to evaluate, update and lead change (as appropriate) for in flight products.
- 5+ years of combines experience in product management and customer-facing function in the genomics or life science industry
- Ability to travel 5-10% both domestically and/or internationally
- Advanced degree(s) in life sciences (ie BSc/MS) required; MBA preferred but not required.
- Strong technical knowledge of next-generation sequencing workflows (sample to data) required.
- Proven understanding of hereditary disease and germline genetics, genetic testing methodologies, interpretation of genetic testing results, and the current clinical trends, local standards of clinical care, and client expectations of products and services related to genetic testing for hereditary cancers.
- Ability to lead by influence, taking multiple projects through a sophisticated development program are required.
- Experience working directly with key opinion leaders and conducting VOC research.
- Experience working on LDT products is preferred.
- Experience with Germline oncology products is strongly preferred.
Invitae offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes healthcare coverage, 401k, and a broad range of other benefits, outlined below:
- Health, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, and basic life insurance coverage
- Paid time off, holiday pay, parental leave, and other health and wellness supports
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.