Self Financial, Inc. helps consumers establish and build credit history. We are a venture-backed, financial services startup based in Austin, TX. At Self, our mission is to help millions of people build credit and save money on their journey toward financial security.
There are about 100 million people in the US who have low credit scores or who have no access to credit at all. Sadly, there aren’t many options for these people. Most banks aren’t doing anything material to change the situation because it’s not profitable for them to do so. Bad credit or no credit history can be barriers to renting an apartment or getting certain jobs, let alone buying a car or house. And if you can get a loan with a low credit score, you’re very likely to pay a lot more in interest over the life of that loan.
Our team is passionate about challenging the status quo of the credit industry by giving people accessible and affordable tools to take control of their credit. Executing on our mission requires deep collaboration across our teams to ensure our products reach the people who can most benefit from them.
We're looking for people who share a passion for our mission and relate to why we do what we do. At Self, we want to work with people who are driven to tackle challenges, bring unique perspectives, find solutions and help make the financial space a better place for our consumers. We recognize that it takes different people and personalities to make our products – and our company – truly great. We only seek the best.
If you are someone who is equally passionate as we are, we want to chat with you.
About the Role:
As a Product Manager, you'll lead a cross functional product team to deliver and scale our Credit Builder Loan and Secured Credit Card products to millions of consumers, helping them to build credit and save money.
- 3+ years experience as a product manager
- Strong customer empathy and experience shaping product direction and execution based on customer needs
- Strong analytical skills, competence in SQL, and experience with tools for doing data analysis
- Experience designing intuitive mobile user interfaces and executing product plans with a well-defined process
- Prior experience in Fintech or Growth a plus
- Experience conducting user research to educate product design
- Empathy for users and a drive to discover and resolve their pain points
- Experience at a fast-growing startup in a cross-functional environment
- Passion for our mission: helping people to build credit and save money
- Strong collaboration in team environments but able to act quickly as the decision-maker
- Own and drive the strategy to help people obtain Credit Builder Accounts and Secured Credit Cards
- Lead the ideation, development, and launch of innovative experiments to drive growth
- Establish shared vision across the company by building consensus on priorities leading to product execution
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products/experiments
- Inform product decisions with quantitative and qualitative data on user behavior and experimentation (e.g. a/b testing, survey data, usability studies)
- Rapidly iterate on the product offering using customer feedback
- Perform quantitative and qualitative research to identify product opportunities and prioritize your roadmap
- Partner with marketing, compliance, engineering, design, and analytics teams to build software collaboratively and inclusively
Our compensation and benefits are competitive, but there's one thing that Self Financial can offer that many startups cannot: we can positively change the world, while making a profit. Over 64 million adults in the U.S. do not have a credit score due to a lack of credit history. Self is solving this problem with innovative technology and partnerships.
Our perks include:
- Competitive Pay
- Stock options
- Generous employer-paid health, vision and dental insurance coverage
- Enjoy our vacation policy – there is no policy, balance matters
- Educational assistance
- Free gym membership
- Plenty of snacks and drinks provided
- Casual dress code
- Catered company lunches on Mondays and Wednesdays
- Team happy hours and events
- Downtown Austin office space
How we act with each other is how we act with our customers. We are direct, transparent and respectful, and we hope you embrace that approach.
Self Financial requires all employees hired to successfully pass a background check.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.