Product Manager, Identity
The Product Manager, Identity will be responsible for the account creation, login, and profile experience for HomeAway’s customers. HomeAway needs to confidently authenticate and verify customers who use its platform in order to ensure a trustworthy marketplace, without introducing too much friction into the booking funnel.
To achieve these goals, we’re looking for a product manager who can drive a strategy and execute a test-and-learn roadmap to decide at which key points in the customer journey should they be required to log-in, how to demonstrate federated identity, what forms of authentication and verification should we require, and how do we optimize these flows to reduce friction. You will also improve the customer’s ability to augment their identity information through their customer profile to increase trust between participants in the marketplace.
What you’ll do:
- Contribute to the product vision and planning and drive the product roadmap.
- Work with cross-functional partners to research requirements.
- Make recommendations regarding policy changes.
- Work closely with user experience designers to research, define, and test UI.
- Collaborate daily with the development team to identify and prioritize user stories.
- Drive a high-velocity testing roadmap to ensure continuous learning.
- Help evaluate, integrate and maintain relationships with external suppliers.
- Monitor and investigate customer feedback and customer support metrics
- Handle resolution of urgent technical issues.
- Launch new features in collaboration with customer experience and product marketing.
- Understand the market and identity gaps and opportunities to improve the product
- Collaborate with the business intelligence team to define, track and report on metrics.
- Communicate broadly on decisions, progress, and plans.
Who you are:
- You have 3+ years of product management experience.
- You are familiar with common fraud vectors preferred -- including phishing, spear phishing, proxy attacks, man-in-the-middle attacks, replay attacks, and sessions hijacking attacks -- and their mitigation/prevention/countermeasure strategies.
- You have familiarity with risk quantification and risk-based approaches preferred, including device fingerprinting, scoring strategies, machine learning, two-factor authentication, biometrics, and behavioral biometrics, rules and risk engines.
- You are knowledgable about open identity standards preferred, including OAuth 2, SAML, OpenID Connect, and SCIM.
- You have experience in data-centric decision-making and the scientific method of observing, hypothesizing and measuring to learn and refine strategy.
- Consistent record of leading a product line in a global, fast-paced environment.
- You have shown the ability to lead cross-functional initiatives and drive collaborative decisions with internal and external partners and vendors.
- Experience with online travel and/or 2-sided consumer marketplaces preferred.
- BS or BA preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Willing to travel 5% Internationally.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.