The customer is at the focus of everything we do, and millions of travelers and partners rely on Expedia Group’s travel marketplace daily. As the product owner you will drive our data governance product strategy. You will work closely with our compliance analysts, internal customers, and engineers as the primary focal for product design, roadmap prioritization, and adoption. You’ll have an opportunity to acquire vast knowledge of our data ecosystem by working together with diverse teams, spanning technical functions, like data producers and consumers, to business functions, like marketing, finance, customer experience, and legal.
What you will do
- Build the vision, strategy and roadmaps for governance products that ensure data is defined, protected and used responsibly within Expedia Group
- Responsible for close coordination with internal legal, compliance and engineering teams to understand regulatory requirements
- Define functional requirements and detailed backlog items for new product development and key improvement requests
- Ensure the product backlog is visible, open, and clear to all
- Accelerate time to impact by driving experimentation, prototyping and iterative product delivery
- Work across Expedia Group (Expedia, Hotels.com, Vrbo, etc.) to evangelize and apply data governance capabilities to increase customers' trust as they seek the absolute best travel experiences
- Continuously research market trends to have a clear pulse on innovation
- Collect feedback, improve and iterate as products mature
Who you are
- Solid understanding of data platforms and data strategies for large scale organizations
- A specialist in eliciting and documenting features & requirements from both business and technical teams
- Strong articulation skills, including the ability to convey sophisticated and abstract concepts to both technical and business teams
- Tight-knit collaboration, business insight, and customer advocacy skills
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar field and Master of Science or Business Administration degrees; or equivalent related professional experience is required
- Experience with data privacy regulations and solutions and data governance processes and management products
- Experience in one or more of the following: cloud infrastructure, software as a service, big data, development and operations, or artificial intelligence/machine learning
- Knowledge of multiple functional areas such as product management, engineering, UX/UI, sales, customer support, finance or marketing
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.