Product Manager, Image Content at Realtor.com
Who we are
Realtor.com is your one stop shop for homebuyers, sellers, and dreamers, with comprehensive for-sale listings, insightful information, valuable tools and professional expertise. We’re excited and hungry to make a difference to the millions of people in the US who buy a home each year. Our aspiration starts with treating our home buyer as our focal point - we believe that delivering on experiences that truly help people through this seemingly difficult life event will lead us to continued and greater success as a company.
What you will be doing…
Property Data is the foundation on which our user experiences are built, and as a product manager focused on imaging, your role will be to work with the image services team, and across the organization, to ensure that the most compelling visual experiences for listings are available to buyers.
In order to meet our users' needs for great real estate data, you’ll focus on three elements in particular: listing imaging breadth, depth, and speed.
The breadth of images is a very challenging problem to solve, that requires strong product execution, as well as creative problem solving. Real estate searchers seek an accurate picture of homes before a physical visit. You’ll need to work with other product leaders to identify additional sources of image content and how to best deliver that new content to consumers.
Aggregating great imaging breadth is only part of the challenge though, because you’ll also focus on the depth of data around that image content. Working with our image services team and in close cooperation with our Data Science teams, you will identify new ways to extract valuable insights from imaging assets to ensure that we paint the richest possible picture for consumers. That also requires working with our User Research team to identify data consumers are asking for most and proactively identifying property details and assets not already received from our MLS customers.
Finally, since properties move on and off of the market very quickly, listing speed matters greatly, so that buyers and renters can act fast. To ensure timely data, you’ll need to understand our platform architecture and processes and work with engineering to identify opportunities to increase imaging delivery speeds. You will also work with our content operations team to make sure they have the tools they need to ensure listings make it on (and off) of realtor.com as rapidly as possible.
You won’t be alone on this journey. You’ll work closely with your manager to create a content-focused strategy aligned with the broader company product strategy. Together, with a clear mission in your head and heart, you’ll ship a lot of engaging, beautiful and personalised new product solutions that build the strongest content foundation anywhere.
Day to day you can expect to:
- Work in tight, nimble partnership with your design and tech teammates, sharing the sweat and joy of building stuff together
- Be celebrated for working with openness, trust, being humble, and being all about helping your team do great work
- Embrace ambiguity and help your team through it, laughing when we make a bad choice before figuring out what to try next
- Help embed a creative, goal-oriented and bold product culture, where we try new things, and are curious and open-minded with how to reach each goal
- Become the subject matter expert in your area, building relationships with key stakeholders, and knowing how your products interact with adjacent products
- Work closely with your engineering and analyst partners and actively drive an established process to ship high-quality deliverables
- Have plenty of variety, no two days are the same!
What we’re looking for…
Of course, we have some things in mind that might help tell you if you’re a pretty good fit. We’re after candidates who have:
- Experience working with data and generating key insights and hypotheses of how to create value for customers and internal stakeholders
- Experience working with images and other media types and a natural curiosity for innovations in that area
- Excellent organizational skills and an attention to details
- Demonstrated ability to figure out solutions to hard problems with many constraints, using sound judgement to assess risks, and to lay out your argument in a well-structured, data-driven narrative
- The ability to work collaboratively with many different parties, to understand their perspectives, and to help develop a vision toward common goals
- A strong sense of empathy and the ability to understand user needs
- A respectful approach to support, encourage (and even inspire!) cross-functional teams of analysts and engineers, to allow each person to uniquely shine and contribute
- Desire to be part of and help create a highly-inclusive culture where everyone can belong
- Comfort dealing with ambiguity and challenge, thriving in a fast-paced environment, concurrently working on multiple initiatives, remains optimistic
- The ability to understand business objectives and convert them into product plans, following through with execution
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 5+ years of experience or Masters degree with a minimum of 2+ years of experience required
- Prior real-estate industry experience a huge plus
At realtor.com®, we believe that everyone deserves a home of their own. We’re a community of nearly 2,000 employees who work hard to ensure that from the moment someone starts dreaming about a new home, to the moment they walk in the door and beyond, we’re there to lend a helping hand. Every month, over 85 million people trust us with their journey home by visiting our site and mobile apps, and we’d love to have you join our team to help.
We’ve got great offices in the U.S. and Canada with lots of sweet jobs to choose from, so we’re hoping you’ll join us on our journey to make buying, selling, renting, and living in homes easier and more rewarding for everyone.
Let’s make a difference, together. For Real.