Product Manager, Internal Tools at FloSports
FloSports, a leader and innovator in digital sports media, is currently seeking a Product Manager to join our Internal Tools Team!
At FloSports, we are building world-class apps for fans. A crucial aspect of the fan experience are the tools that allow our content, marketing and operations teams to produce content fans love. Our Content Management System, Search tools, and team / athlete databases are just a few of the products you’ll own.
About the Role
In this role, you’ll serve as the product owner within an agile scrum team that is primarily focused on internal tools. You will be partnering closely with your Product Manager colleagues across devices to execute unified product roadmaps to build the future fan experience for FloSports customers. As a product manager, you’ll develop a shared vision and thoughtfully prioritized roadmap aligning engineers, designers, and key stakeholders in the content and marketing teams. You’ll need to be extremely organized, and be a great partner with your Product counterparts to execute the end-to-end solutions from our internal tools, to the end user experience.
We’re looking for someone that’s passionate about the customer experience, and has the curiosity to learn about innovative ways to deliver premium experiences for fans. The right candidate will treat our internal employees as users, and validate product decisions with visual prototypes, data and similar methods you’d use for a customer facing product. When our tools are optimized, our employees do their best work. When our employees do their best work, our fans are happy. When our fans are happy, the business works. This is an essential role in our product experience.
- Creative problem solver
- 2+ years of experience in Product Management
- Analyze business impact, ruthlessly prioritize
- Ability to think holistically, connect dots between many systems
- Ability to quickly absorb technical concepts and communicate to non-technical audience
- Top-notch written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized, with a knack for crystal clear documentation
- You welcome candid feedback, and can constructively give feedback as well
- Understand the OTT landscape, and how underlying tools such as a CMS can drive the user experience across any screen
- Experience working on an agile development team
- Passion for sports, especially in one of the many sports we cover
- Experience working on consumer products
- Experience in media, especially OTT media is a plus
- Comfortable with managing requirements through entire system: Front end, CMS, and APIs
WHO WE ARE:
Founded in 2006, FloSports is a venture-backed OTT subscription video streaming service dedicated to sports, offering live and on-demand access to hundreds of thousands of competition events across 25+ sports in the US and abroad. FloSports’ vision is to finally give underserved sports the love they deserve. With a growing library of more than 300,000 hours of premium content including news, expert commentary, films, documentaries and more, FloSports has established itself as an innovator and leader in sports streaming. Finally your sport has a home.
HOW WE DO IT:
We are the CEOs of our own work and are accountable for the tasks and responsibilities assigned to us. We take pride in creating the content that fans love. We row in the same direction and work together on our common vision. We build and strengthen our relationships through teamwork and respect. We embrace challenges, ask questions and are allowed to fail as long as we learn. We are passionate about building tribes and communities worth belonging to. We are innovative, curious, and have an appetite for making things better. Does this sound like you?
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
At FloSports, we are bonded by our passion for sports and our purpose to unite communities around experiences that finally give underserved sports the love they deserve. We recognize the need to build a company that seeks out, embraces, and celebrates our individual differences, ideas, and talent. FloSports is committed to the pursuit of a fair, equal and inclusive workplace where everyone is given the opportunity to grow to their fullest potential. As such, we are intentional in our hiring practices in an effort to overcome systemic biases we may be blind to. FloSports has adopted the “blind recruiting” process, which aims to open this opportunity to more candidates, help us be more objective in how we review applicants and mitigate bias in our decision making processes.
- Recognized as one of 2020’s Top Workplaces by the Austin-American Statesman
- Competitive and comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- Peace of mind through company-paid short-term disability, long-term disability and life insurance
- Generous 401(K) company match
- Progressive parental leave policies
- Flexible paid vacation and work environment
- Free laundry service for all positions that require travel
- Company sponsorship donation to youth teams coached by our employees
- Bring your dog to work- everyday!
- Stocked snack bar, catered lunch and breakfast tacos every week
- Modern and collaborative office environment