Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry by making genetic testing affordable and accessible for everyone to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
The mission of the Lab Platform team is to create scalable systems and processes that enable Invitae’s labs to process millions of samples per year. The platform is at the intersection of hardware, software, and processes that enable Invitae’s ability to empower even more people with genetic testing. You will play a strategic role in defining how we continue to scale our labs geographically as well as defining the standard for a modern laboratory operating system.
The genetic testing space is moving and expanding quickly. In support of the Invitae mission, our engineering and lab teams need to continue to move faster and with efficiency. We are looking for a product leader who can guide us through this transformation. Your experience, passion, and leadership skills will lay the foundation for Invitae’s continued success.
What you’ll do:
- Define the product vision and strategy for the Lab Platform
- Communicate and evangelize the value of the Lab Platform to other engineering teams, lab operations teams, and business stakeholders
- Build and deliver the Lab Platform’s tactical roadmap by combining your deep technical expertise, strategic thinking, and leadership
- Gather requirements from stakeholder teams and translate those into best-in-class lab software and processes
- Represent the customer in product and feature design and implementation
- Work across all disciplines and stakeholders to move Lab Platform initiatives forward and ensure adoption of new systems and processes
- Analyze data from multiple sources and help the team make the right trade-offs between capability, cost, engineering complexity, and other factors
- Define, track, and report on key metrics related to the Lab Platform
- Create and communicate initiatives that allow customers to learn, adopt, and become promoters of the Lab Platform
- Work with the Lab Platform Engineering team to build features that increase engineering efficiency and improve the reliability and scalability of the Lab Platform
- Maintain the team’s focus on a shared vision
What you bring:
- Demonstrated ability to lead internal platform initiatives from inception to production across multiple customer types
- A passion for taking bold risks and delivering transformative technologies to existing business practices
- Ability to communicate how engineering system design relates to company outcomes
- Experience leading projects and making trade-offs across multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to identify and reconcile misalignment across engineering teams, product teams, and business stakeholders
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex data and information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences, including executives and technical/non-technical leaders
By joining Invitae, you’ll work alongside some of the world’s experts in genetics and healthcare at the forefront of genetic medicine. We’ve created a culture that empowers our teams and our teammates to have the biggest impact and to explore their interests and capabilities. We prize freedom with accountability and offer significant flexibility, along with excellent benefits and competitive compensation in a fast-growing organization.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Read Full Job Description