Product Manager, Marketplace Health
Interested in a rare opportunity to help grow a healthy, two-sided marketplace in the fast growing online travel accommodation industry?At HomeAway, our mission is to connect Travelers with the People and Places they Love, through our Partners. Through our products, we help owners and property managers make their homes available to the millions of travelers worldwide looking for the perfect place to stay for their trip.
The Marketplace Design group sits at the intersection of these two groups of stakeholders. The product teams in this group work on core marketplace mechanisms that promotes overall marketplace efficiency while protecting the long-term health of our partners and travelers.
We’re looking for a seasoned product manager to help reduce friction points and increase the trust in the marketplace. You’ll accomplish this through policies, programs and features / tools that influence traveler and partner behavior, launched in partnership with a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, data scientists, product marketers, and customer support specialists. To be successful in this role, you will be able to understand and champion for the interests and needs of both our travelers and partners (homeowners and property managers).
What You'll Do:
- Collaborate with product leadership in establishing the vision for HomeAway’s core marketplace interactions.
- Lead the team in developing goals and a product strategy to realize that long-term vision.
- Establish metrics that reflect the health of the marketplace.
- Ensure high quality execution on an impactful roadmap of projects and features, with a balanced focus on both short- and long-term initiatives.
- Communicate strategy, plan and progress through a regular cadence of written and oral communication.
Who You Are:
- Demonstrated a scientific and data driven approach in tackling complex, multi-dimensional problems and delivering measurable results.
- Experience utilizing web analytics and testing tools to aid business decisions.
- Change agent, with a can-do attitude and a result oriented mindset.
- Experience crafting product strategy and medium to long term product roadmap.
- Demonstrated technical competence and ability to work with engineers, data scientists, designers, and product marketers.
- 7+ years of product management experience, preferably in an eCommerce or Marketplace setting.
- Excellent written and oral communication and stakeholder management skills
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.