Amherst is revolutionizing the way U.S. real estate is priced, managed and financed in order to unlock opportunities for all market participants. Driven by data, analytics, and technology, Amherst has a 20-year history of anticipating where the next risks and opportunities are likely to emerge and designing actionable strategies for investors to capitalize on opportunities across residential real estate, commercial real estate and public securities. Amherst, along with its affiliates and subsidiaries, has more than 900 employees, $5 billion under management and approximately $15 billion under advisement and oversight. www.amherst.com.
Amherst is looking for a Product Manager to lead our Property Management aligned squad and serve as a key member of the Product Team to ensure customer and business expectations are satisfied while identifying innovative opportunities to stay ahead of the curve. This role will work closely with the Property Management leadership team and the Tech squad (Project Managers, Engineering, Analysts) to drive the product roadmap, identify and fill product gaps, implement new product features and opportunities, and become an expert in the rapidly growing real estate vertical. Amherst manages over 28,000 single family rental homes across 26 markets. These homes are maintained and serviced by our Property Management division to support 50,000+ residents.
- A Real Pro. From concept to delivery, rolling out new and innovative products is your thing!
- Intellectually Curious. You are a detective, with a keen interest in solving both business problems and continuously looking to self-improve professionally. You strive for best practices and explore trends/experiments to improve the status quo.
- A Creative Problem Solver. You have a propensity to think strategically, logically and outside the box to solve problems for the business and customer.
- Hard Working. You aren’t afraid of a tough deadline.
- Salesforce believer. We are building a best-in-class Property Management platform using this system and your creative and innovative mindset is needed to fully realize its potential
- Highly structured, disciplined, and take pride in your work.
- Team Player. You put the business success first, are fun to work with and have a high degree of personal character and integrity.
- Technically savvy.
What You'll Do:
- Identify product needs and define a product roadmap for our Property Management team that enables highly efficient operation and delivers an exceptional experience to the customer.
- Understand the property management lifecycle and complexities of the different business units including resident experience, maintenance, applications, lease renewals, accounting and operations.
- Strong focus on automating business processes, owning business processes and workflows, and finding efficiencies.
- Build dashboards and reports to help business stakeholders prioritize initiatives, outline deficiencies and highlight progress.
- Recommend changes to our resident portal, maintenance application and Service Cloud implementation with a goal to improve customer satisfaction.
- Drive new commercial opportunities with the business to grow revenue.
- Help define and prioritize the product roadmap based on business/customer ROI by identifying gaps, optimizing the current product features, and uncovering new opportunities through user testing, A/B testing, market research, and customer feedback.
- Hyper-focused on ideation, discovery, and execution to build the right things and with speed.
- Collect continuous feedback and measure to help evolve the product, providing support in developing a culture of continuous innovation.
- Leverage agile sprint best practices to deliver a high-quality product through a systematic product-development lifecycle.
- Collaborate cross-functionally between tech and internal stakeholders to provide the product vision while ensuring business objectives are prioritized and met.
What You'll Bring:
- 3-5 years of experience as a Product Manager with a Batchelor’s degree in a related field required.
- Experience building internal applications, as well as Salesforce or other CRM experience.
- Ability to effectively balance multiple projects and tasks simultaneously, preferably with a demonstrable work ethic to succeed in a remote position.
- Track record of making change happen through collaboration.
- Familiarity with the agile process and experience with product management tools such as Trello, Invision, Jira, Github.
- Ability to analyze business and/or technical problems to guide software development.
- Detail-oriented and self-sufficient.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and research skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Creative, innovative, and exploratory skills and mindset.
- A proactive, flexible, and hungry to learn type attitude.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment.
- Experience managing and leading a diverse product team
- Experience in real estate or financial services.
- Service Cloud, Salesforce Communities, and Field Service Lightning experience highly preferred
Our full-time employee benefits include:
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO including 7 paid holidays, 1 floating holiday, and 1 volunteer day
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- Up to 16 weeks paid maternity leave; up to 4 weeks of paid parental leave
- Backup childcare offered through Bright Horizons
- Relaxed casual environment with virtual office events
Amherst is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.