OJO Labs - Product Manager, Recommendation, Search, Data Platform
We’re on a mission to empower people to make better decisions through the fusion of machine and human intelligence. We’re solving some of the biggest problems troubling the modern consumer experience. Through our unique, data-driven AI platform, we’ve introduced a fresh approach to the way people make important decisions. As part of our team, you’d be helping to build technologies that will significantly advance the world’s largest consumer industries, starting with home buyers in the real estate industry.
We hope to have an opportunity to meet you, learn about your experience and introduce you to the OJO team.
About the OJO Product Team
The OJO product team is a collection of unique skills, passions and superpowers that together make us a very capable team. We highly value curiosity, risk-taking, measurement, analytics, innovative thinking, and above all, a maniacal focus on our customer (the consumer). To that end, Product Managers work very closely with the User Experience team and collaborate with them on building a radically different and delightful consumer experience. Technological barriers are slain every day by the best and brightest minds in data science and engineering. You don't end up with hundreds of Artificial Intelligence Trainers who train neural nets and operate a product in real time unless you're willing to open your mind to crazy ideas. If you want to work in an incredibly fast paced and innovative environment, come join us!
- (Know your customer and ecosystem inside and out)
Deeply understand the needs and problems your customer faces when buying and selling a home, and understand the ecosystem of available information and data
- (Define your product’s Mission)
In support of the consumer facing experience (OJO Home), map customer “information” needs during their home buying/selling journey.
- (Invent your product)
Collaborate with data engineering, business development, data science, partners, and our subsidiary data standardization and MLS listing service, WolfNet, to create a data “fulfillment” system than can source any information needed to help an OJO Home user.
- (Figure out how to operate it)
Collaborate with operational teams to continuously source, enrich, and serve (fulfill) data at scale
- (Evolve and optimize your product)
Collaborate with product peers to continuously look for new opportunities to add value to OJO Home users with information
- (Lead, Communicate, Inspire)
Collaborate to create and organize a roadmap, over-communicate it, bring people along for the ride.
What Does it Take to Succeed?
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, math, MIS, or engineering
- 7-10 years of direct product management experience
- Expert project management skills
- Expert communication skills
- Expert skills with using analytics to optimize products and track progress towards company goals
- Comfortable with ambiguity and working in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
- Comfortable with defining data schemas
- Comfortable with SQL
- Be a deep thinker
- Be action-oriented
- Be a leader
Nice to Haves:
- Advanced engineering or science degree is a plus, MBA a plus
- Experience with defining ontologies
- Experience with creating a data asset or catalogs of data that are offered as a product
- Experience with using machine learning to enrich unstructured/semi structured data
Who is OJO?
We are an Austin-based, technology startup focused on fundamentally improving the way people make their most important decisions through the fusion of machine and human intelligence. With offices in Austin, TX, Minneapolis, MN and Vieux Fort, St. Lucia, we have over 350 employees globally. We are continuously named a Top Place to Work and have recently been awarded Austin Inno’s “50 on Fire” award which recognizes the hottest startups in Austin. Backed by top-tier VCs and industry veterans, we have managed to hire the best technical, product and operational minds to pursue this incredible opportunity. We know we’re onto something big and everyone on our team has a significant impact on our evolving product, team and culture.
What do we have to offer?
- You get to work with the best of the best
- A collaborative, respectful environment where your voice will always be heard
- Competitive Salaries
- Unlimited/Open PTO Policy
- Hip SoCo Austin Office
- Dog-Friendly Workplace
- Commuter Stipend or Free Parking
- 70% Coverage of Employee and Dependent Health Premiums
- Promote from Within Philosophy
- Volunteer Program
- Optimum Workspace Subsidy
- Many More – We have a whole team dedicated to making OJO an awesome place to work!
Read Full Job Description