Product Manager - Risk and Fraud at Vrbo
Are you interested in solving some of the most complex, challenging, and exciting problems in the online space? Are you a product manager with a scientific mindset and a passion for building exceptional eCommerce capabilities? VRBO is an exciting, international, profitable company that is transforming the market to become the world's leading vacation rental marketplace. We are searching for the next standout product manager to join VRBO's eCommerce Product team and power our risk management core value proposition of helping our customers, both travelers and vacation rentals owners, safely transact online on Expedia and global VRBO sites around the world.
As the Product Manager for Risk Management you will work closely with our retail, finance, customer experience and engineering teams to implement risk checkpoints throughout the lifecycle of a payment transaction; from the traveler payment to the disbursement of funds to vacation rentals owners.
As a part of the ecommerce Product Management team, you must possess a unique blend of business acumen and technical skills to translate business stakeholder problems into actionable business capability roadmaps to deliver the big picture vision. You are a detail oriented, strategic thinker, passionate about delivering value, and an excellent problem-solver.What you’ll do:
- Partner with Expedia Group (EG) data science teams to create machine learning algorithms that provide account, listing and credit risk signals for Vrbo partners.
- Lead the delivery of a fraud protection program for Vrbo partners.
- Serve as product owner for risk management.
- Facilitate resolution of urgent technical issues while communicating changes to internal and external customers.
- You’ve got a strong technical background. You understand how software development teams work and how engineers think.
- 2+ years of product management experience
- 5+ years of experience as a technical product manager, software engineer, solutions architect, or technical integrations consultant
- Scientific mindset to make evidence-based decisions.
- Strong understanding of clean API designs, tooling & documentation around platform products and services.
- Prior experience driving integration of products and adoption of core services. Ability to handle large, complex products in a rapidly changing environment.
- Proven experience balancing the requirements for multiple stakeholders within and outside your organization, to gather and prioritize requirements.
- Experience preparing and presenting a technical roadmap, grooming product backlog, and participating in agile ceremonies.
- Strong critical thinking, information architecture and data modeling skills, communication and presentation abilities.
- BS or BA in a related field preferred.
- Experience working with remote teams.
- Willing to travel up to 20%.
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility)
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on Vrbo.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.About Vrbo:
In 1995, Vrbo introduced a new way for people to travel together, pairing homeowners with families and friends looking for places to stay. We were grounded in one purpose: To give people the space they need to drop the distractions of everyday life and simply be together. Since then, we've grown into a global community of homeowners and travelers, with unique properties in 190 countries around the world. Vrbo makes it easy and fun to book cabins, condos, beach houses and every kind of space in between.
Vrbo is part of VRBO and the Expedia Group family of brands and offers homeowners and property managers exposure to over 750 million visits to Expedia Group sites each month. To learn more, visit www.vrbo.com.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.