Product Manager, Traveler Checkout
Are you interested in solving some of the most complex, challenging, and exciting problems in the travel space? Are you a product manager with a scientific mindset and a passion for building exceptional user experiences? HomeAway is an exciting, international, profitable company that is transforming the market to become the world's leading vacation rental marketplace. We are searching for the next standout product manager to join HomeAway's Traveler Product team and power our core value proposition of helping our travelers book the perfect vacation across HomeAway, VRBO and global HomeAway sites around the world.
As the Product Manager for our Value Added Services portfolio you will work closely with our retail and legal teams, engineering, design, data science, content, and other traveler teams, to begin scaling our insurance offerings and Expedia cross-sell opportunities globally. This is a highly visible role and a great opportunity to provide leadership in one of the fastest growing areas of our business. You’ll help create a world-class experience to assist our travelers in identifying and purchasing insurance and other relevant products to enhance their trips. You are an innovator, a strategic thinker, passionate about user experience, analytical, and an excellent problem-solver.
What You'll Do:
- Develop, communicate and execute the vision, strategy and roadmap for the VAS (Value Added Services) portfolio, in partnership with key team members, to drive higher traveler conversion.
- Lead a feature team during preparation and participation in 180-day planning sessions, monthly product reviews, and deep dive workshops.
- Collaborate daily with the Development, Design, and Analytics teams to ensure project requirements are clearly defined and properly phased to facilitate timely delivery of functionality.
- Practice the test and learn methodology and to quickly and efficiently identify and evaluate opportunities that will inform the roadmap.
- Conduct competitive analysis and industry research to identify gaps and opportunities to improve the product strategy.
- Collaborate across the product management organization to ensure visibility into cross-cutting initiatives.
- Define, track and report on user metrics to measure effectiveness and drive improvement e.g. feature usage, conversion rates.
- Manage resolution of urgent technical issues while communicating changes to business partners.
- Make recommendations regarding policy changes that will enable and support the product vision and strategy.
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of software product management experience within an agile software development environment.
- Experience utilizing web analytics and data analysis to aid business decisions.
- Possess analytical reasoning and ability to boil down end user needs into new products/ideas and a relevant technical framework proposal.
- Ability to lead large, complex, international projects in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to negotiate and influence your peers, work cross-functionally, and ruthlessly prioritize opportunities.
- Proficient in using the scientific method to find opportunities and evaluate solutions to business problems.
- High level initiative and desire to create a premier user experience for our customers.
- Understand high-level technical documentation to discern feasibility of integration, time frame, and required touchpoints
- Some travel may be required
- Experience defining best-in-class user experiences
- Familiarity with Travel and/or Insurance industry, in the US and EMEA markets is a plus
- Familiarity with forecasting and data modeling.
- Experience with online A/B testing to drive improvement in customer experience and business results.
- 2+ years of hands on software development experience; alternatively, demonstrated understanding of technology & data architecture for high-volume websites.
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent technical background.
- Travel industry experience.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit).
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.