The home search starts online, but the real estate industry is often optimized for in-person, one-on-one service. That's a fantastic experience once you connect with the right professional, but finding the right fit isn't always a smooth process. Opcity built a nationwide real-time data and technology platform combining cutting edge deep learning, business analytics and human intuition with the latest web, mobile and digital telephony technologies to enable our team of professionals, and thousands of real estate agents and brokers, to make sure we connect every home buyer with the right agent at the right time so more time is spent finding a home and less time finding the perfect agent.
As Product Manager, you will guide a team that is charged with delivering new products, features and functionality that not only increase the profitability of solutions offered to our customers, but also increase profitability of business operations by driving value through internally used products. You will define products and features from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on your understanding of the market and of feedback from internal stake holders, customers and prospects. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the ability to make that vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time in the market to understand their problems, and find innovative solutions for the broader market.
You must be able to communicate with all areas of the company. You will work very closely with design and engineering to define product requirements and with marketing to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer. You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offering, working with the sales and services channels and directly with customers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Define high quality, simple product road maps based on team strategy and vision
- Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application
- Specify market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by data from conversations and usability tests with customers, prospects and internal stakeholders
- Collaborate gracefully with design, engineering, and data science teams internally and externally to deliver on the vision
- Conduct tests and experiments to validate or invalidate your assumptions and hypotheses
- Apply and execute design-thinking methodologies in a continuous delivery development process
What We Like to See / Measures of Success:
- Vision - You have an eye for great products, and advocate for new features with quantitative and qualitative reasoning
- Customer Focus - You comprehend and advocate for the product and our customer's needs; you bring strong customer empathy and experience driving product direction and execution based on customer needs
- Decisive - You can translate ambiguous or conflicting inputs into solid action plans and precise requirements
- Communication Skills - Clear, concise written and verbal communication skills; experience crafting epics, user stories, and tasks
- Planning - Lead cross-functional participation in planning and execution; direct product development toward the highest-ROI opportunities
- Attention to Detail - You sweat the small stuff, and you raise the team’s standards for quality and attention to detail
- Speak Design/Engineering - You speak design and can produce basic wireframes; you understand and can represent the technical implications of a product strategy
- Data-Driven - Experience with SQL and establishing metrics to guide prioritization a plus
- 3+ years of product management experience at a leading technology company
- Ability to manage large, complex projects in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated experience in adopting product management best practices, standards and policies
- Ability to collaborate closely with design and usability to drive product enhancements
- Training in Pragmatic Marketing Product Management principles a strong plus
- Computer Science or Engineering degree or related work experience a strong plus
*No relocation is provided for this vacancy, local candidates preferred. Must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer.
Read Full Job Description