Square Root is passionate about building innovative, customer-inspired software. We’re looking for a product manager that shares this passion. Interested? Keep reading!
Our platform, CoEFFICIENT®, helps brands achieve business goals to improve customer experiences. Our next product manager will help us hone in on the features that move us towards product market fit and deliver new value to our current customers. In this role, you’ll own a major product area, work with our VP of Product to develop a product vision in line with our business strategy, deliver product requirements to fulfill that vision, and help organize and align our product development teams.
You should enjoy getting out of the building to understand prospects and care about finding innovative solutions to their problems. Working with our engineering team, you’ll help actualize technical stories from API enhancements to scalability processes. You’ll build a stellar product through quick iteration and data-driven experimentation. To make it all happen, you’ll need a mix of business and tech-savvy, as well as the drive to make our vision a reality.
- Translate high-level vision and roadmap into prioritized user stories
- Design and run experiments to validate our product value propositions and design ideas
- Embrace change by thoughtfully updating product plans as new info emerges
- Partner with an engineering team to continuously deliver value, measuring and course-correcting along the way
- Facilitate agile and scrum processes for product development teams
- Optimize our product releases to meet buyer and end-user needs
- Refine the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer for your product area
- Work with marketing to shape our product messaging
- Evangelize your piece of the product internally and externally
Here’s what we think makes a successful Product Manager
- 5+ years of experience as a product manager, product owner, or business analyst
- Experience working with technical teams + the Agile Scrum development methodology
- Experience working with UX designers to build both low and high fidelity prototypes
- Scrum Master experience with facilitating agile methodologies in a team setting
- Analytically-minded and hypothesis-driven thinker
- Communicates in a relatable way that’s clear and concise
- A sense of empathy and enthusiasm for great user experience
- Enterprise software or SaaS company experience is a nice-to-have
- High comfort level working with technical teams to deliver client requests and product features
- Technical or business degree is plus
- A sense of humor, humility, and grit don’t hurt either!
Dig it? Submit your stuff today!
- Please apply with a cover letter that details why you’re a fit for the role and Square Root!
Our Radical Culture
Our culture is at the core of everything we do. As we grow we’re not only looking to hire the best and brightest, but we’re also looking for people that share our values. This is the code we live by:
- Think big. Do bigger. Big ideas are meant to be pursued. We have a bias for action, iteration, and impact.
- Be Customer Inspired. Our customers’ toughest challenges inspire us to build innovative software. We delight them by deeply understanding their business and driving results.
- Partner. We’re approachable, dependable, and collaborative. We go above and beyond to help our customers, our partners, and one another succeed.
- Thrive. We revere personal and professional growth. We recognize individuality, embrace authenticity, and celebrate each other’s success.
The Good Stuff
Founded in Austin, Texas, we’ve been bootstrapped and profitable since our start in 2006. Along the way, we’ve added a slew of benefits + perks inspired by our team of Radicals. Here’s a sample:
- Flexibility: no dress code, office hours, or vacation policy
- Competitive benefits and compensation
- Cozy campus of four 1920’s craftsman homes in downtown
- Radicals get $3,000 a year to learn anything (seriously!)
- Team lunches, stocked kitchen + bar, coffee-snob compliant coffee machines
Square Root is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.