Modernize is seeking a talented and enthusiastic Product Manager to accelerate our growth on new and existing products. The Product Manager values user experiences that are streamlined and effective, helping our audiences achieve their objectives.
In this role, you collaborate with designers, engineers, QA and analysts to optimize existing and build new products to help homeowners connect with contractors to complete their home improvement projects. This role will interact with the entire organization, from sales to marketing to account managers.
The right candidate is passionate about the power of data, embraces the changes in the world around us and understands that our success comes from helping others succeed. You realize the balance of failing and learning fast and monetize lean methodologies whenever possible. You are a change manager always happy to educate others on the value of your ideas and great user experiences.
- Market & Competitive Intelligence – become our resident expert on the market to position Modernize against comparable solutions; keep abreast of the industry trends, the market influencers, and the general ecosystem of our trades.
- Backlog & Documentation - you manage the product backlog for each of your products, collect, curate and promoting the most relevant ideas to become features. You work with design, engineering and BI analysts to compile actionable development tickets (in JIRA).
- Reporting & Analytics - manage the current and future products, report on usage, A/B testing results, evaluate areas for improvement and track overall performance.
- Strong Influencer - Drive change across the organization to enable your product to succeed through process improvements, positioning, marketing materials etc
- Design & Development - Facilitate the creation of prototypes, interactive mock-ups, and full pixel-perfect designs of user workflows. User test often and validate in as small an MVP and possible.
- Go-to-Market Strategy - collaborating with the executive team, you will articulate the product vision, business value, and support cross-discipline teams to ensure product development is streamlined and successful.
- Product Positioning – help document our product hierarchy, messaging, and core market differentiation; ensure positioning is consistently filtered through all channels of communications, internal & external (e.g. sales materials, website, PR)
What you need:
- 2+ yrs product management experience
- Strong written and technical documentation, with experience articulating strategy, objectives, success metrics, user stories and acceptance criteria
- Strong analytical skills, with experience managing a line of business or portfolio of products
- Experience working with analytics, a/b testing and BI platforms (Google, HEAP, VWO, Qlikview, etc.)
- Experience with Human-Centered design, working with User Experience and design validation testing a plus
- Experience using Atlassian tools a plus (JIRA, Confluence, HipChat)
- Lean start-up experience is a big plus
- The ability to work independently to identify priorities, interview stakeholders and distil requirements into actionable tasks.
Nice to have:
- Experience with design software like Sketch, Photoshop and InVision
- SQL experience and the ability to run ad-hoc data analysis
At Modernize our mission is to simplify home improvement by inspiring motivated homeowners and connecting them with qualified contractors. Our foundation is based on 10 years as a driving force as Home Improvement Leads in online lead generation – connecting homeowners with high–quality contractors – in the $300 billion annually grossing home improvement market.
We’re looking for sharp, motivated individuals to join our growing team. Teammates who enjoy using technology to solve problems will thrive in our dynamic startup environment. We have an open floor plan that encourages the entire team to participate in critical discussions and allows everyone to be a vital contributing factor. You’ll enjoy our hip, newly renovated office in the heart of downtown with a view of the capital and the downtown skyline.
- Flexible Paid Vacation
- Tremendous Career Growth Opportunity
- Monthly Company Events
- Quarterly Department Outings
- Free Snacks and Drinks
- Catered Lunches
- Great Location in Downtown Austin