At Volusion, we make products that people love. Our teams are dedicated to providing SaaS ecommerce solutions and services for all business types, from startups to well-established companies. If you're a creative professional who loves working with teams, has a passion for driving positive change and wants to better the world with your ideas, we want to hear from you!
At Volusion a Product Manager would have:
- A rapport with widely varied roles like engineering, design, customer success, etc.
- A deep internalization of Volusion’s vision and purpose
- A sense of how the site builder & commerce landscapes are evolving
- The commitment to make Volusion better every day
- A growth mindset and drive to find the highest leverage opportunities available
- A strong embodiment of our culture code. We hope you are nodding your head in agreement as you browse through it!
- A creator, a fellow maker, not simply a decision maker. They’re ready and capable to move forward at pretty much any step of the process.
A few examples:
- A Product Manager wouldn’t fully design every piece of a new feature, but they would open up Sketch and wireframe a workflow that clearly communicates the idea.
- A Product Manager wouldn’t write code for a new report, but they would know enough about charting packages and their capabilities to understand how the choice affects the end result.
- A Product Manager wouldn’t talk to 100 customers about a research question, but they would reach out to 1-2 key customers per week to have an open-ended conversation about being a small business owner.
- A Product Manager wouldn’t take on sole responsibility for creating and analyzing a cohort analysis of a new pricing test, but they would open a data set and tweak the criteria to better understand the results.
- A Product Manager wouldn’t write a whole 8-part email nurturing series, but they would do a rough draft of a feature launch email that simply needs some editing before sending to a key customer segment.
Ideas and insights come from everywhere: Blog comments, Customer Support Heroes, vision set by Kevin, passionate customers, customer development, data analysis, business development, social, and more.
All inputs are valid, and we have a lot of them being as transparent (and as curious) as we are.
What matters most is how we unpack an idea and discern the opportunity in it. What’s our current appetite (and need) for core improvements, expanding features and venture risk? It’s the Product Manager’s domain to creatively pursue growth and product improvements, even with limited time and resources.
- Accountable for delivering business objectives
- Super transparent with team, peers and leadership
- Communicating and owning priorities within the product team
- Willing to get hands dirty and work with the team day-to-day
- One of the strongest user experience and product vision leaders within the organization
- Responsible for creating and implementing a product roadmap & strategy
- In constant communication with customers
- Actively looking for ways to make everything better
- Used to working in modern agile and lean methodologies
- Willing to participate in speaking engagements (public and internal)
- Passionate about user experience & design
- Detail oriented and always looking at data to back decisions
- Eager to help create the best tech company in Austin
We are looking for someone with:
- Bachelor's degree desired
- 5+ years experience in the tech industry
- 3+ years experience as a product owner, delivering value
- 2+ years in the trenches startup experience
- High emotional intelligence
- Amazing communication skills
- Customers: We are a customer-first company, and we want all efforts and communications to represent this philosophy
- Visibility: We’d rely on you for developing strong relationships with other teams (Engineering, IT, Finance, Culture, Customer Experience, Sales, Business Development) as well as our Marketing and Growth leaders to collaborate on initiatives and coordinate launches. We want to improve communication across all these areas to avoid misunderstandings and keep everyone in the know.
- Planning: We (CEO/CPO/CTO) would love to collaborate with you regularly to create the execution plans each quarter. This would mean writing down OKRs, and listening an accommodating changes to keep everyone going in the right direction.
- Guidance: We would have regular 1:1s (I’m the CEO/CPO) and would love to see you have 1:1s with other leadership to help review product roll-outs, listen for feedback and adjust your game plan.
- Culture: We expect you to understand and embrace the culture, and then help others understand and support the culture as well!
- Communication: Being effective at communicating is key. When deadline slip, priorities change, issues happen, it’s important to open up and ask for help but also to keep all the stakeholders informed regularly.
- Conflict: You are responsible for resolving conflicts with your peers, with leadership and among your own team members.
- Founder: This one is important, so we have it above and as a separate item here. Being a founder means listening to customers, taking a customer-first approach to problem solving, iterating super fast, and being willing to make mistakes along the way.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- 401(k) with Company Matching
- Paid Parental Leave
- On-site Fitness and Yoga Classes
- Casual Dress and Beer Fridays
- Endless Supply of Coffee and Snacks
- Two Volunteer Days Off
- Bring Your Dog to Work Days
- Dry Cleaning
- Chair Massages
- Team Sports and Team Outings