Product Manager at Shipwell
Supply chains are disconnected, fragmented, and stuck in the stone age. We believe the market has it wrong, and we believe there is a better way. We are building the de facto platform and market network to connect, automate, and optimize the supply chains of the world. This is a multi- trillion dollar opportunity.
Today, Shipwell transforms your supply chains by combining transportation management, visibility, and an integrated partner network in one simple and responsive platform and RestfulAPI that scales as you grow. Our platform uses machine learning to analyze over 25 million rows of real-time data every day, reducing waste and friction, delivering better business intelligence, and driving continuous improvement across our customer supply chains. Shipwell is proud to be recognized by industry experts as a leader in shipping and logistics, including FreightTech 25 and Forbes Next Billion Dollar Startup 2020.OUR CULTURE
Shipwell is a fast-paced, high-energy start-up that strives to build the future of shipping every day. Diversity of thought and cross-department collaboration is very important to us. We deliver open, honest, careful communication and work as hard as we play. We create & deliver solutions that are revolutionizing the industry, which brings excitement and purpose to our work. If you are looking for a place that will help you tap into your best work-self and give you hands-on experience building something big, then we invite you to come and build the future of shipping with us!PRODUCT MANAGER
The Product Manager at Shipwell will be a strong customer-focused innovator looking for an opportunity to automate and simplify a highly fragmented and antiquated industry. In this role, you will gain an intimate knowledge of our shipper, 3PL/broker, and carrier customers and their processes. You will assess their needs and provide opportunities and solutions to them by incorporating relevant features into our product. You will own the “whole product” - running backlogs, building requirements and taking features from ideation to release - and be ultimately responsible for the success of our SaaS freight platform. Quality, speed, and simplicity are paramount to the role with a focus on integrating with enterprise customers’ warehouses and internal processes.
WHAT YOU WILL DO WHEN YOU GET HERE
- Work closely with our customers to understand their needs and opportunities
- Consume a significant volume of input from various sources (often contradictory) and make effective decisions when implementing new product features
- Define and communicate detailed functional requirements to design and engineering teams
- Work closely with customers, stakeholders, design, and engineering teams to build prototypes, get feedback, and refine requirements and user stories
- Think through complex product use cases and clearly communicate with the engineering team
- Prioritize products based on business impact and available resources
- Analyze the results of a launch and create the plan to iterate and build new features
- Proactively fill communication gaps amongst all team members
- Contribute to technical conversations around deadlines and engineering solutions
- Drive product research priorities for the research team
- Make magic out of the complicated and antiquated freight industry through an intense focus on simplification
- Promote a culture of innovation, collaboration, and customer-facing experimentation
WHAT YOU NEED TO HAVE
- 3+ years of relevant experience in Product Management
- Track record of successfully building complex software products with a wide range of users’ technical abilities
- Highly resourceful individual - able to overcome obstacles with resilience, creativity, and grit.
- Experience communicating technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Technical expertise and the ability to question, understand, and challenge software implementation decisions and priorities
- Passionate curiosity to learn and adapt to dynamic research, development, and industry knowledge
- A bold and optimistic personality: We’re coming to work every day challenging the status quo, and we’re looking for people comfortable enough to ask bold, quirky questions, along with the mental resilience to know we’re just at the start of a long journey.
- A self-confidence and passion required to get things done in difficult times and find creative solutions to problems.
- Offices in Austin, TX and Chicago, IL
- Incredible growth opportunity at one of the fastest growing companies in Austin
- The kitchen is fully stocked with local coffee, drinks, and snacks
- Company sponsored healthcare insurance and dental insurance
- Team building events and office competitions
- Receive an elite technology package to include a brand new MacBook Pro!
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to put your thumbprint on a high-growth company in the early stages
- An open work environment where everyone, even the new folks, has a voice
View all our open positions at www.shipwell.com/careers
Here at Shipwell, we are a Remote Forward company. You have the opportunity to work within one of our office location cities (Austin and Chicago) or you can choose to be fully remote.
Shipwell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any sort. We do celebrate diversity and believe experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Diversity in our team makes for better problem solving, more creative thinking, and ultimately a better product and company culture.
Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of impact, dedication, and the ability to thrive in a fast paced and collaborative environment. Shipwell strives to have an inclusive work environment; so if you are hard working & good at what you do then please come as you are. We want you to contribute, grow, & learn at Shipwell and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we’re looking for.
We are looking forward to adding new perspectives to our team!