Product ManagerABOUT US
At Shipwell, we believe every business should be able to deliver customer delight through seamless freight shipping, just like Amazon. Freight is a complex world that Shipwell is making easier for shippers, carriers, and third-party logistics companies. We work with thousands of shippers and carriers to solve their biggest freight challenges with an unmatched technology platform leveraging smart automation and a team of freight professionals. Shipwell is turning the supply chain industry on its head and advancing the way freight has been operating for centuries. Backed by the best investors in Silicon Valley and Austin, Shipwell is poised to dominate freight tech with a fast-paced and gritty startup mentality. Join us, get in on the ground floor of a future Fortune 500 company, and be a part of the future of freight!
The Product Manager at Shipwell will be a strong customer-focused innovator looking for an opportunity to automate and simplify a highly fragmented and antiquated industry. In this role, you will gain an intimate knowledge of our shipper, 3PL/broker, and carrier customers and their processes. You will assess their needs and provide opportunities and solutions to them by incorporating relevant features into our product. You will own the “whole product” - running backlogs, building requirements and taking features from ideation to release - and be ultimately responsible for the success of our SaaS freight platform. Quality, speed, and simplicity are paramount to the role with a focus on integrating with enterprise customers’ warehouses and internal processes.
WHAT YOU WILL DO WHEN YOU GET HERE
- Work closely with our customers to understand their needs and opportunities
- Consume a significant volume of input from various sources (often contradictory) and make effective decisions when implementing new product features
- Define and communicate detailed functional requirements to design and engineering teams
- Work closely with customers, stakeholders, design, and engineering teams to build prototypes, get feedback, and refine requirements and user stories
- Think through complex product use cases and clearly communicate with the engineering team
- Prioritize products based on business impact and available resources
- Analyze the results of a launch and create the plan to iterate and build new features
- Proactively fill communication gaps amongst all team members
- Contribute to technical conversations around deadlines and engineering solutions
- Drive product research priorities for the research team
- Make magic out of the complicated and antiquated freight industry through an intense focus on simplification
- Promote a culture of innovation, collaboration, and customer-facing experimentation
WHAT YOU NEED TO HAVE
- 3+ years of relevant experience in Product Management
- Track record of successfully building complex software products with a wide range of users’ technical abilities
- Highly resourceful individual - able to overcome obstacles with resilience, creativity, and grit.
- Experience communicating technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Technical expertise and the ability to question, understand, and challenge software implementation decisions and priorities
- Passionate curiosity to learn and adapt to dynamic research, development, and industry knowledge
- A bold and optimistic personality: We’re coming to work every day challenging the status quo, and we’re looking for people comfortable enough to ask bold, quirky questions, along with the mental resilience to know we’re just at the start of a long journey.
- A self-confidence and passion required to get things done in difficult times and find creative solutions to problems.
- Corporate headquarters in sunny Austin, TX
- Incredible growth opportunity at one of the fastest growing companies in Austin
- The kitchen is fully stocked with local coffee, drinks, and snacks
- Company sponsored healthcare insurance and dental insurance
- Team building events and office competitions
- Receive an elite technology package to include a brand new MacBook Pro!
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to put your thumbprint on a high-growth company in the early stages
- An open work environment where everyone, even the new folks, has a voice
View all our open positions at www.shipwell.com/careers
We’ve announced our Series A financing round! Read more on TechCrunch.
Shipwell is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Shipwell, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight. We have pledged to create a diverse and culturally strong company and environment.