Product Manager at Liquibase
Datical transforms the way businesses build software with an industry-leading database release automation solution. Our growing list of Fortune 500 customers love us because we enable them to reduce the time it takes to bring their apps to market while eliminating security vulnerabilities, costly database errors, data loss, and downtime.
Our leadership team has a proven track record of technology startup success and understands the benefits of a truly collaborative culture. No punks and no jerks here. We're a passionate team that enjoys delivering technology to empower our customers to deliver better applications, faster. We were named a Cool Vendor by Gartner and just received series C funding. It's a great time to be part of our success story.
We are looking for an energetic Product Manager excited to have a critical role in shaping how software teams align and accelerate the delivery of database changes. From prescribing best practices to building intuitive, useful capabilities, we are looking for someone to join a passionate and talented team in bringing DevOps to the database.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and refine user personas. Be curious about the types of people that will interact with the product. Channel this knowledge back to engineering.
- Understand and clearly articulate user problems. Help engineering understand who they are solving for and why. Collaborate with engineering to ensure we deliver usable, enjoyable products and features.
- Ensure that sales, customer success, and support understand what enhancements or capabilities you are trying to bring to life, why they are important, and how users will interact with them
- Be able to understand and unite different stakeholders and roles, including: software engineers, open-source contributors, sysadmins, release managers, and DevOps engineers.
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum of 3 years of Product Management experience.
- Understanding of DevOps, CI/CD, Application Release Automation, and the Software Development Lifecycle
- Knowledge of B2B and complex enterprise products
- Superb public speaking and presentation skills.
- A passion for delivering products that create raving fans
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- You have previous experience as a software developer, release manager, or DevOps engineer.
- You have specific experience working with either relational and/or NoSQL database technologies – everything from MySQL to MongoDB.
- You have been part of an in-house development team that has deployed software to production systems at an enterprise company.
- You have experience with open source – regardless of whether the experience is as a contributor, a community manager, or as a consumer of open source technology.
Why You'll Like Working Here:
- Work on cutting edge technology
- Get an inside look into how some of the worlds largest brands and companies manage their software teams and releases
- A transparent and collaborative team environment that values multiple perspectives and fresh thinking
- No punks, No jerks
- Everyone is a shareholder in the company
- Rich benefits package with generous medical allowance and company paid long- and short-term disability
- Flexible Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Weekly company all-hands with lunch!
- Casual dress code
- Subsidized Gold's Gym membership (Gold's gym is within walking distance of us!)
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks