ABOUT THIS POSITION
We’re looking for an exceptional Product Manager to join the Monetization product crew. As we grow, we are tirelessly pursuing ways become more profitable by ensuring we help students find what they need, when they need it. This team member will support conversion rate optimization, SEM, SEO and other marketing team members in realizing opportunities to increase our customers’ lifetime value, and the value our customers get from Aceable. The ideal team member is comfortable with a mix of roadmap-level initiatives and the smaller efforts that keep the engine running. This role will report to the Sr. Monetization Product Manager.
Aceable is a mobile education platform that focuses on creating affordable, engaging and convenient online courses available across all of your mobile devices. Built by former teachers, NASA engineers, and those passionate about education, the Austin-based team is obsessed with helping people reach life goals and milestones through online certification.
After launching its first mobile app to provide accredited driver's ed courses, Aceable expanded into real estate education and is quickly becoming one of the leading online real estate schools in Texas. To date, Aceable touts more than 16 million users and counting across all verticals, as it continues to expand adding millions nationwide each year.
Named by the Austin Business Journal as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin in 2017 & 2018 and winner of the Austin Chamber of Commerce’s Austin A-List for the Hottest Growing Startup in 2017. Aceable fosters a creative and collaborative culture whose overall mission is to impact as many student lives as possible.
ABOUT YOUR NEW TEAM
You are joining a product management team that lives our core values, is ego-free and team first, obsesses about our users and asking why, loves to nerd out on all things product, and enjoys a good ramen. The current product management team is focused cross-vertically to support our business in each of its functional areas of expertise: Learning Experience, Monetization, and Platform. As a monetization product manager, you will work closely with the rest of the team to ensure we maximize lifetime value of our customers throughout their customer journey.
***PLEASE SUBMIT A COVER LETTER WITH YOUR APPLICATION***
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Identify opportunities to improve average order value, conversion rate, lifetime value, and other contribution margin levers for customers and potential customers in the Aceable ecosystem, and see them through the product development lifecycle
- Work with the Marketing and Business Development teams to understand problems to be solved, and be a partner in creating a roadmap that reflects the appropriate priorities to best meet targets
- Write user stories that other product managers might describe as works of art, with clear business objectives, and shepherd these stories across the product development lifecycle
- Partner with the CRO team to ideate on possible new A/B tests, and ensure that winning tests are promptly productionized
- Work with key stakeholders at all levels to manage the product backlog, prioritizing work to make the best use of available resources across our portfolio of products
- Operate in an agile fashion to quickly overcome roadblocks and take advantage of opportunities to improve profitability
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 3+ years of product management experience required. E-commerce product management experience strongly preferred
- Bachelors Degree
- Exceptional communication skills
- A service-oriented mindset and desire to do everything in your power to help Aceable meet our profit goals
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a manner that aligns with our company values
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience working directly with engineering teams in an Agile environment to see product roadmaps implemented and adjusted over time
- Ability to effectively influence and inspire others, particularly in cross-functional teams
- Familiarity with Google Analytics and Adwords
- Familiarity with Optimizely
- Join one of Austin's Best Places to Work in 2017 and 2018
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Generous paid time off
- Passionate, high-achieving teammates excited to help you succeed and learn
- Our own space on the top floor of a downtown building
- A team meal every week
- Fully stocked drink fridges and snacks + cold brew coffee on tap
- Company events & other activities (Holiday parties, Happy hours, quarterly volunteering)
- Transportation stipend
- Education stipend
At Aceable we celebrate and support all differences. Aceable is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital, disability, and veteran status.
Read Full Job Description