Join a purpose-driven, fast-growing enterprise software company that is working to transform 9-1-1.
The power to do remarkable things when it matters most is the heart of 9-1-1 and public safety. At RapidDeploy, we believe that regardless of size, geography or budget, everyone in public safety should have access to the data they need when it matters most to save more lives. That’s why, since 2016, our mission has been to reduce emergency response times and improve public safety. We are the industry’s only truly open and integrated emergency response platform with a portfolio of web-based cloud solutions that includes analytics, mapping, dispatch and first responder applications.
Over the past year, we have signed four state contracts and our software has been deployed in more than 350 9-1-1 centers across the U.S. We have increased our annual recurring revenue by more than 20X. We’re hiring passionate team members to help propel us into the next stage of growth.
As a Product Manager you will help develop and socialize the product roadmap for one of RapidDeploy’s feature teams. RapidDeploy’s cloud-native platform enables 911 call-takers, dispatchers and first responders to quickly access and document the data they need to provide the most rapid and informed response to an incident. Your role will enable new capabilities that build upon the most innovative and intuitive platform in the industry. This role will require the ability to lead and work among a wide array of stakeholders, partners, clients and users.
What You'll be Doing at RapidDeploy
- Collaborate with customers, partners and prospects to enhance the most advanced ecosystem that knows no data silos or interoperability challenges
- In conjunction with product research and design, conduct primary research with customers and partners to identify product priorities & feature requirements
- Translate business objectives and user needs into a prioritized backlog of epics, features and user stories
- Ability to work closely with the triad on product discovery and provide the necessary inputs for UI/UX research, design and testing
- Balance the needs and desires of different users in the ecosystem (call-takers, dispatchers, responders)
- Collaborate with product owners and engineering during design, build, test and launch of new features
- Represent the voice of customer and user feedback throughout the product life
- Clearly and confidently communicate via demos, feature summaries and other artifacts to both internal and external audiences
- Serve as a subject matter expert on the value and functionality of your feature team
What You'll Need to Be Successful in This Role
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited University
- 3-5 years of work experience in a Product Management capacity in a technology company
- Demonstrated track record of product leadership
- Knowledge of agile software development practices (e.g., scrum)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated successful customer interaction capabilities
- Experience working in a fast-paced and goal-driven environment
- Ability to successfully manage ambiguity tied to early phases of design
- Based in Austin, TX or willing to relocate
- Interest in Emergency Services & Public Safety is a strong plus
- Requires up to 30% travel, including travel to Cape Town, SA
About RapidDeploy Inc.
- Raised Series A financing from GreatPoint Ventures, Samsung NEXT & Tao Capital
- Strong revenue growth (20x+ in last 12 months) & huge recent customer wins (e.g., State of California)
- Fast-growing, passionate, mission-driven team – we care about saving lives through technology!
- Offices in Austin, TX and Cape Town, South Africa
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance options, with benefits that kick in on your first day! Benefits are highly subsidized by RapidDeploy Inc.
- In addition to 8 observed holidays, RapidDeploy employees receive 20 days of PTO and unlimited sick leave.
RapidDeploy is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status
Notice: RapidDeploy’s hiring policy prohibits hiring from existing or prospective customers.
Read Full Job Description