Product Manager at Experian
We are currently having conversations with potential candidates to support our future hiring needs. This will put you one step further along in the process once this role officially opens. This is not an open position at this time, but we are anticipating that it will open sometime this year.
Experian Partner Solutions is a leading provider of credit education, credit data and identity management solutions for businesses and their consumers. In 2016, Experian acquired Austin-based CSID, which was founded in 2006 by a few serial entrepreneurs with a passion for helping consumers protect something they treasure most – their identity. The company evolved into a fast-growing cybersecurity startup helping businesses, both large and small, and 30+ million consumers (including families) with identity/fraud protection and data breach recovery (think Fortune 500 retailer gets hacked and credit card numbers get stolen).
Experian Consumer Services is looking for a Product Manager who will join a 16-person product and design team responsible for defining and implementing the product vision across multiple SaaS products (credit, identity, and data breach) and channels (mobile, desktop, tablet). You will work with and learn from engineers, designers, account managers, sales directors, and customer support teams. In your role, you will spend most of your time understanding user and client problems, collaborating on solutions, and driving those solutions through a fast paced agile environment.
Primary responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Collaborate with product management, design, engineering teams and other stakeholders to develop and manage requirements for new products, features, and enhancements
• Thinking through all the edge cases when building solutions for use cases
• Ensure the product backlog is constantly prioritized to align with business objectives.
• Mastering the day-to-day management (grooming, backlog, etc.) of the JIRA board
• Giving demos of new features to internal teams for feedback and educational purposes
• Executing on several projects concurrently while balancing shifting priorities
• Making decisions based on logic, data, prioritization, and your judgment
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
• 2+ years of experience as a product owner, product manager, or business analyst
• 1+ years of working in an Agile (Scrum or Kanban) product (mobile, web, tablet) environment
• Strong technically with a passion for design and usability
• Excellent problem-solving skills with an exceptionally strong attention to detail
• Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to articulate the goals of a product or feature to internal stakeholders
• Curious, self-motivated thinker; always asks why and strives until the answer is clear
• Strong organizational and time-management skills
• Ability to manage multiple, time critical projects and prioritize responsibilities in line with business objectives
• A 4-year degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience
EOE including Disability/Veterans