Product Manager at Square Root
Square Root is passionate about building innovative, customer-inspired software. We’re looking for a product manager that shares this passion. Interested? Keep reading!
Our platform, CoEFFICIENT, helps achieve business goals to improve customer experiences. The next product manager will help us hone in on the features that move us towards product-market-fit and deliver new value to our current customers. In this role, you’ll own a major product area, collaborate with our VP of Product on product vision, deliver product requirements to fulfill that vision, and organize + align our product development teams. You should enjoy (virtually) getting out of the building to understand prospects and care about finding innovative solutions to their problems. In partnership with Engineering, you’ll help create technical stories, from API enhancements to scalability processes. You’ll build a stellar product through quick iteration and data-driven experimentation. To make it all happen, you’ll need a mix of business and tech-savvy + the drive to make our vision a reality.
- Translate high-level vision and roadmap into prioritized user stories
- Design and run experiments to validate our product value propositions and design ideas
- Embrace change by thoughtfully updating product plans as new info emerges
- Partner with Customer Success and an engineering team to understand priorities, scope, timing, and deliver value + iteration along the way
- Optimize our product releases to meet buyer and end-user needs
- Refine the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer for your product area
- Work with marketing to shape our product messaging
- Evangelize your piece of the product internally and externally
Here’s what we think makes a successful Product Manager:
- 5+ years of experience as a product manager, product owner, or business analyst
- Experience working with technical teams + the Agile Scrum development methodology
- Experience working with UX designers to build both low and high fidelity prototypes
- Analytically-minded and hypothesis-driven thinker
- Communicates in a relatable way that’s clear and concise
- A sense of empathy and enthusiasm for great user experience
- High comfort level working with technical teams to deliver client requests and product features
- Enterprise software or SaaS company experience is a nice-to-have
- Technical or business degree is plus
- A sense of humor, humility, and adaptability doesn’t hurt either!
- Please apply with a cover letter + detail why you’re the best fit for this role at Square Root!
Our Radical Culture
Our culture is at the core of everything we do. As we grow, we’re looking to hire folks that share our values. This is the code we live by:
- Think big. Do bigger. Big ideas are meant to be pursued. We have a bias for action, iteration, and impact.
- Be Customer Inspired. Our customers’ toughest challenges inspire us to build innovative software. We delight them by deeply understanding their business and driving results.
- Partner. We’re approachable, dependable, and collaborative. We go above and beyond to help our customers, our partners, and one another succeed.
- Thrive. We revere personal and professional growth. We recognize individuality, embrace authenticity, and celebrate each other’s success.
The Good Stuff
Founded in Austin, Texas, we’ve been bootstrapped and profitable since our start in 2006.
Along the way, we’ve added a slew of perks inspired by our team of Radicals. Here are some fan favorites:
- Flexibility: no office dress code, unlimited PTO, and paid caretaker leave. Note: we are currently 100% remote + likely will be through 2020
- Diversity + Inclusion: we bring our full selves to work + you can too! Quarterly Radical Girl Crew activities, mother-friendly office space, open communication with our leadership team, and our semi-annual culture surveys ensure each Radical is represented at Square Root.
- Competitive benefits and compensation
- A cozy campus of 1920’s craftsman homes in downtown Austin
- Team lunches, stocked kitchen + bar, coffee-snob compliant coffee
- Bi-annual Hackathons where we think outside of the box + experiment on our ideas!
- Radicals get $3,000 a year to learn anything (seriously!), whether you learn how to code, sing, work on your car - we just want to see you grow! PEOPLE Magazine recognized our Learn Anything program in their 2019 list of "50 Companies that Care," located here.
We’re always looking for people to join and evolve our Radical culture + company. We want you to bring your unique experience and perspective, so don’t worry about checking all the boxes. If our values and mission resonate with you, please apply! Square Root is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender and sexual identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Additionally, Square Root participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. We value the things that make us different and want to see how you can make our team better!