Product Manager at realtor.com
Who we are:
Realtor.com is your one stop shop for homebuyers, sellers, and dreamers, with comprehensive for-sale listings, insightful information, valuable tools and professional expertise. We’re excited and hungry to make a difference to the millions of people in the US who buy a home each year. Our aspiration starts with treating our home buyer as our focal point - we believe that delivering on experiences that truly help people through this seemingly difficult life event will lead us to continued and greater success as a company.
What you'll do:
- Apply and execute design-thinking methodologies in a continuous delivery development process
- Conduct research, synthesize data, and develop an informed perspective on user problems and market opportunities
- Conduct tests and experiments to validate or invalidate your assumptions and hypotheses
- Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture
- Define high quality, simple product road maps based on team strategy and vision
- Collaborate gracefully with product teams across the company to deliver on the vision
What we like to see:
- User Focus - You comprehend and advocate for the product and our user’s needs; you bring strong user empathy and experience driving product direction and execution based on user needs
- Vision - You have an eye for great products, and advocate for new features with quantitative and qualitative reasoning
- Communication Skills - Clear, concise written and verbal communication skills; experience crafting epics, user stories, and tasks
- Attention to Detail - You sweat the small stuff, and you raise the team’s standards for quality and attention to detail
- Speak Engineering - You speak to technical concepts; you understand and can represent the technical implications of a product strategy
- 3+ years of experience managing software products at a leading technology company
- Experience defining product roadmaps, building collaboratively with designers and engineers, and shipping frequently
- Ability to manage large, complex projects in a fast-paced environment
- Engineering degree or related work experience is a plus
- Mobile app experience is a plus
At realtor.com®, we believe that everyone deserves a home of their own. We’re a community of nearly 2,000 employees that work hard to ensure that from the moment someone starts dreaming about a new home, to the moment they walk in the door and beyond, we’re there to lend a helping hand. Every month, 70 million people trust us with their journey home by visiting our site and mobile apps, and we’d love to have you join our team to help.
We’ve got great offices across Canada and the US and lots of sweet jobs to choose from, so we’re hoping you’ll join us on our journey to make home buying and selling easier, and more rewarding for everyone.
Let’s make a difference, together. For Real.
Diversity is important to us, therefore, realtor.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of age, color, national origin, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, status as a disabled veteran and/or veteran of the Vietnam Era or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, realtor.com will provide reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified disabled individuals.