Product Manager at Blackbaud
Blackbaud is the world’s leading cloud software company powering social good.
Leading uniquely at the intersection point of technology and social good, we provide cloud software, services, expertise, and data intelligence that empower and connect people to drive impact for social good.
Blackbaud is expanding our team and we’re looking for a Product Manager to help us continue our success. We’re looking for the right person to help us transform the way social good organizations use technology to make the world a better place.
The Product Manager is responsible for defining market requirements and packaging the features into product releases. The Product Manager will work closely with development leads, user experience leads, and supporting team members to deliver solutions that are valuable, usable, feasible, and viable. A strong technical background and proven product management experience is required. A Product Manager is expected to help cross-functional teams deliver measurable value to customers and collaborate across the organization to drive decision making and results.
- Driven team player, collaborator, and relationship builder whose can-do attitude inspires others in a fast-moving environment
- Passionate about nonprofit technology and ensuring our customers are successful
- Communicate complex issues and solutions clearly and builds rapport with customers throughout the product development process
- Work closely with the engineering, design, program management, and other departments and stakeholders to execute on product strategy
- Drive a team toward developing solutions to problems and product areas through collaboration within and across teams, leading meetings, anticipating and diffusing conflict, reducing risk and dependencies, embracing diverse ideas and perspectives, and delivering features on time and within agreed upon scope.
- Lead agile team to bring value to the market iteratively through short-cycle design and scrum interaction with an outcome-based focus
- Prioritize and manage a product backlog to guide product teams in developing capabilities
- Understand product and business goals and independently make sure those goals are understood, realistic, and their work is in alignment with the desired results
- Work on a team of high-performing product professionals in a very collaborative environment which works to drive product success in all business, development and operation areas
- Embrace data to assess opportunities, success, risks, and performance and to guide recommendations and decision making
- Develop polished presentations and deliver in front of diverse audiences
- Can-do attitude with a demonstrated ability to get things done under minimal supervision and drive results across cross functional teams.
- Strong communication skills and enjoy working with customers and presenting internally and externally; proven ability to run effective meetings; comfortable interacting at all levels of an organization.
- Adept at understanding and curious about new technologies, systems, and tools.
- Technically proficient in advising customers about technologies such as: Raisers Edge 7 / Raisers Edge NXT, SaaS, database management, CRMs, APIs, and 3rd party integrations
- At least 3 years experience in relevant roles a company or nonprofit organization. Experience in Product Management preferred.
- Experience with Agile development practices, methodologies and tools is preferred.
- BA/BS degree required and MBA preferred.