We are Liquibase
Liquibase is an open-source tool and the name of our company. (We used to be called ‘Datical’ and love using the word ‘radical’. It rhymes!)
Our vision is to be the easiest, safest, and most powerful community-led database change management solution.
Our mission is to transform the way businesses build software. Powered by open source innovation and supported by the experts who know it best, Liquibase is database schema change automation designed for high-speed CI/CD. We radically improve and simplify the application release process — starting with database schema change. Our solutions make developers’ lives better and deliver automation capabilities technology executives need. We remove database deployments as a barrier to delivering new application innovation.
Who we’re looking for:
Liquibase is looking for a product manager that can harness the power of an active, enthusiastic, and engaged open source community of thousands to deliver the future of database release automation.
2020 was spent laying the foundation for a continuum of inventive products & services that will address the CICD needs of a broad spectrum of database users. In 2021 we’ll take full advantage of that investment by delivering a host of database release automation capabilities that are secure, powerful, and easy to use. Our new product manager will be critical to the success of these efforts.
As a Product Manager at Liquibase, you’ll work with everyone. We don’t just mean the engineers, marketers, salespeople, and customer success representatives who will rely on you to be an expert in our problem space and will look to you to provide guidance in all product phases from the birth of an idea to its GA release. You’ll also work with our awesome customers and our community of contributors to continually improve Liquibase products and to stay current on trends in the market so they never have to wait on us to catch up.
What you'll do:
- Become an expert in CICD for the database. You will develop a deep understanding of the requirements and challenges of bringing the database into modern CICD workflows. You will use this knowledge to guide your coworkers in delighting our customers
- Constantly increase the value we deliver to our customers. You will identify new opportunities through market research and direct interaction with our community, customers, and partners.
- Build cool stuff for a broad array of users and use cases. From simple command line management of database updates for a student’s small project to highly coordinated, fully automated, incredibly transparent CICD in the world’s largest and most complex IT shops, Liquibase serves users of all needs and levels of experience. You will be working with them all.
- Champion Product Led Growth in a fast-paced organization. Work shoulder to shoulder with our engineering, marketing, customer success, and sales teams to fuel explosive growth at Liquibase.
- 5+ years of product management experience
- Sharp interview skills developed by conducting a lot of user, stakeholder and subject matter expert interviews
- A broad understanding of how software is made and the role that databases play in modern software development
- Extensive experience writing & refining product requirements to produce predictable product outcomes
- The ability to guide your requirements from definition to production, managing schedules and expectations along the way
- Loads of experience using wireframes or mockups to improve everyone’s understanding of the user experience
- An incredible talent for cross functional collaboration particularly with the marketing, sales, engineering and customer success teams
- A thorough understanding of the SDLC with an emphasis on agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
- A habit of making data-driven decisions through market research, user interviews, competitive analysis and experimentation
We’d love to see:
- Previous experience in Enterprise Software, SaaS, or Cloud Native product management
- Direct experience with DevOps or application release automation
- Previous experience as a database administrator, data architect or database developer
- A strong understanding of Automation, CICD and DevOps
- Previous experience or training in UX design
- A passion for Product Led Growth
- Active participation in an open-source community
- Exceptional project management skills
- Degree in a relevant field (Computer Science, Business Administration) OR related experience and a demonstrable track record of launching successful products
Perks of life at Liquibase:
- A transparent and collaborative team environment. We value multiple perspectives and fresh thinking.
- Our entrepreneurial culture provides every employee the opportunity to make a meaningful impact.
- You get to work on new technologies and learn from experienced professionals.
- You gain insight into how some of the world’s largest brands manage software teams and releases.
- Growth opportunities and ability to move up within the company.
- Everyone is a shareholder in the company.
- Flexibility of remote work.
- Generous benefits.
- Flexible time off and paid holidays.
- No punks, No jerks.