As an AlertMedia Product Manager you will have a primary role in setting the vision for our products while also playing an integral part in the day-to-day activities to make the vision a reality. We’re not just saying that, it’s absolutely the truth. You’ll be joining a Product team that is represented at the highest levels of management and runs as a ‘flat’ organization, where every team member contributes strategically and tactically.
Every day you’ll employ your ability to move smoothly between cross-functional teams, inspiring, learning and leading. Time with customers will be one of your best sources of improvements and new feature ideas. Best of all, you’ll be part of AlertMedia’s amazing culture and an important contributor to our rapid growth.
Who you are:
You are a passionate about your products, and maybe even a little obsessive. You see both the forest AND the trees. You are energetic, empathic and earnest. Collaborating with people across different functions comes naturally to you. You are known for your willingness to share information and having no ego. You refuse to give up when the path isn’t clear.
Who we are:
AlertMedia is leading the evolution of employee safety for a modern workforce. We offer the most intuitive emergency communication software on the market with fully integrated threat warnings and employee safety monitoring. We believe any organization can improve safety and business outcomes during critical events by quickly identifying threats and simplifying fast, reliable communication to impacted audiences. We are headquartered in Austin, TX, and trusted by thousands of customers in over 100 countries—including DHL, British Petroleum, SurveyMonkey, and Walmart—to keep their people safe and connected anytime, anywhere.
We are an equal opportunity employer focused on creating a collaborative and exciting place for all to work. Ensuring a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace for all people is key to our success and core to our values.
Come join us in our mission to save lives and minimize loss through effective communication.
This is an amazing opportunity to be part of our wave of momentum and take our company, and your career, to the next growth stage. We'd love to get to know you better and share how we serve our amazing customers. For more information please visit www.alertmedia.com.
What you will do:
- Act as a product evangelist both inside and outside the company
- Participate in the definition and sharing of a product vision based on input from internal/external stakeholders, financial goals, industry trends, etc.
- Lead and participate in the development, approval and ongoing management of a product roadmap that creates a path to achieving the product vision
- Define, maintain and execute product development methodology
- Manage the product lifecycle from ideation to retirement
- Lead and participate in the definition of new features
- Maintain the product backlog, including scrubbing, prioritization, and grooming
- Ensure smooth handoff of product requirements to the Engineering team
- Establish and execute feature launch plans as needed
- Ensure that ‘dependent’ teams, like Customer Success, Marketing and Sales, are well-equipped to perform their jobs
- Inspire and drive activity cross-functionally through information sharing, persuasion and mutual respect
- Work directly with customers to improve the relationship, provide guidance, and gather information
- Provide executive briefings on product status, planning, roadmap as needed
- Minimum of 2-3 years Product Management experience
- Experience in a fast-paced, high-growth environment with cross-functional responsibilities
- B2B experience working with small to large customers
- PM experience in a SaaS environment
- Operates in an ego-less manner while still being a strong leader
- The ability to establish and grow relationships both inside and outside the company
- Energetic, empathic and earnest
- Strategically focused and tactically excellent
- Refuses to give up when the path isn’t clear
- Consistently delivers quality work on schedule
- A creative thinker that considers problems and opportunities from every angle
- Ability to lead cross functional teams without formal authority.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to be an individual contributor as well as a leader
- This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship
What we offer:
- Competitive base salary + Company-Wide Bonus program
- Competitive PTO + holidays to enjoy balance
- Health benefits – medical, dental, vision, and life insurance 100% paid for employees
- An exciting and positive work environment
- Commitment to community service with opportunities to give back
- A Best Places to Work company 5 years in a row
AlertMedia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
AlertMedia does not currently sponsor applicants for work visas.