Product Manager at SailPoint
The Product Manager is a strategic position responsible for the success of SailPoint products in the marketplace. The position requires strong product management skills that balance market needs with SailPoint strategy and heavily relies upon management and communication skills. Additionally, a technical understanding of enterprise software customer IT environments and rapidly evolving security and compliance technologies is critical. This role will define the vision, prioritize the investment and execute the backlog for the SailPoint Platform. The Product Manager must be comfortable working closely with sales, marketing, engineering, and professional services, as well as with prospects, customers, and partners. Consistent communication with customers, partners and internal SailPoint stakeholders is expected to support a continuous feedback loop into the backlog and vision.
- Manage the entire product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
- Define market-driven product requirements based on customer, prospect, marketplace, and competitive dynamics for each product release.
- Develop, prioritize and manage the product backlog in a lean / agile environment.
- Provide product support for sales opportunities, including on-site customer visits when needed.
- Develop in-depth analysis of competitor feature/functions and determine optimal competitive positioning.
- Create collateral, presentations/scripts, and FAQs which communicate the value proposition of SailPoint’s products and support selling activities.
- Act as product spokesperson for SailPoint at tradeshows, industry events, and conferences.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a product management role.
- Passion for identifying market needs
- Demonstrated success in working with engineering teams to plan, develop, refine, and launch successful enterprise software products.
- · Experience delivering support to product marketing, sales, and services organizations.
- Excellent interpersonal, facilitation, and communication skills.
- BA/BS in business or technical field required. MBA is a plus.
- This position requires approximately 10% travel
SailPoint is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome everyone to our team. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.