Product Owner - Debit Cards at Q2
An early pioneer in Banking as a Service, Q2 is the platform behind some of the biggest names in fintech banking today. Over the years, we’ve worked with amazing clients like Square, Credit Karma, Betterment, Acorns, and many others to launch next-generation financial services that are redefining banking for millions of everyday Americans nationwide. As we scale our platform into the tens of millions of users, we’re looking to bring on a Product Owner – Debit Cards to own the product lifecycle for some of our key products and help us define the BaaS ecosystem of the future.
As a Product Owner – Debit Cards on our Banking as a Service team, you will be responsible for organizing and executing a product delivery strategy for your focus area, Debit Cards. Your work will focus primarily on the product functionality we build alongside our 3rd party partners – you’ll be uncovering client and bank needs, accurately scoping effort, creating robust documentation, developing product delivery goals, and actively managing the product roadmap for your functional area. Think of yourself as the glue that ties together Q2’s Banking as a Service platform: working with all the different parts of our group to help us launch new products and evolve our existing ones so our clients can continue defining the cutting edge of banking.
You are the bottom-line for your product – you own the tradeoffs, define what exactly we’re building, and work to ensure that we deliver in an excellent way that considers the myriad of interdependencies we deal with on a daily basis. You’ll be at the front lines with our 3rd party partners, working with them to evolve our roadmap and ensuring that we’re building our architecture in a thoughtful way. If done well, you’ll be able to drive our product strategy from the ground up and see your products come to life as our clients launch them to millions of users across the country. If you’re product-focused, scrappy, driven, and a great problem solver – you’ll feel right at home on our team.
- Work with Product leadership to develop and effectively prioritize the product backlog
- Experience partnering with and understanding technology development
- Partner with clients, development, operations, external partners, and cross-functional leaders to identify, build and measure features and functionality that meet business goals
- Manage the product implementation side of key third party relationships for card processing, fraud management, and other critical features
- Define product functionality and write detailed User Stories/Epics with empathy for the end user that help engineers build with a clear end goal in mind
- Provide scope for a release and define release timing and strategy
- Work with the team to define each sprint plan, review completed work, and accept/reject results. This person is highly available to the team
- Apply Agile methods and processes to promote a disciplined software development process that encourages frequent inspection and adaptation of ongoing work product
- Create product documentation for developers, clients, and banks to ensure alignment, expedite product development, and grow our knowledge base and API
- Articulate product vision and user stories in a manner clearly understandable to development teams and clients
Required Skills and Experience
- B.S. or B.A in Business, Management, Engineering, CS, or related field and a minimum of 8 years of related experience in financial services, payment product management, or card processing; or an advanced degree with 6+ years of experience; or equivalent work experience.
- Previous financial services, card payment product management, or fintech experience highly preferred, partnerships a plus
- Familiarity with card payment ISO message format, debit card processing in general, and Visa DPS as a processor is highly preferred
- Well versed in process management, demonstrated ability to manage complex rollouts with multiple stakeholders – has launched products at scale
- Strong teamwork, organization, and problem resolution skills
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter with proven ability to deliver results with minimal assistance is a must
- Highly determined and driven to achieve results with a clear track record of doing so
- Scrappy; quick to find the best path to a goal by collaborating with others
- An intuitive problem solver Comfortable operating in ambiguity
- Detail- oriented with an eye for data analysis
- An effective communicator that can align internal and external stakeholders
- A pragmatic optimist that brings positive energy to everyone they work with
At Q2, our goal is to be a diverse and inclusive workforce that fosters mutual respect for our employees and the communities we serve. Q2 is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.