The Product Owner will act as the translator from customer needs to technical requirements. The Product Owner will be the resident product expert and will work collaboratively with internal teams to plan and prioritize product investments.
Duties and responsibilities
- Work closely with Product Managers to translate market facing vision and problem-oriented investment decisions into clear technical requirements and intuitive user flows
- Work with engineering, Product Managers, user experience, and others to define sprint goals and iterative, agile milestones in product roadmaps
- Work collaboratively with engineering and user experience to manage and execute on product needs, including requirements gathering, collaborative ideation and design, and implementation support
- Partner with engineers and data scientists to ensure that requirements are understood and stumbling blocks to rapid development are removed
- Provide an active role in mitigating blockers impacting successful team completion of sprint goals
- Share detailed product updates with internal and external clients, often translating complex technical information to universally clear language
- Work with internal teams to plan, prioritize, and triage necessary, high priority product investments
- Work with Product Managers to run beta programs, defining and prioritizing high impact, iterative improvements to delivered solutions
- Occasional travel to on-site meetings with partners to meet stakeholders and synthesize their thoughts and feedback into clear, concise requirements for the release pipeline
- Act as resident product expert, fielding questions from internal teams, and consistently deepening solution awareness
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum 2-5 years of experience as a Product Owner, Product Analyst, or similar role within a technology-driven business environment
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, and analytical skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Highly collaborative, team player with the skills to partner with engineers and data scientists on product requirements, create mock-ups, and walk-through business processes so as to ensure requirements are understood and any stumbling blocks to rapid Agile development are removed
- Experience with product analytics, data visualization, and project tracking tools (e.g. Mixpanel, Domo, JIRA/Confluence)
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, effectively allocate time and resources, and achieve attainable goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
About Civitas Learning:
Civitas Learning partners with universities and colleges dedicated to helping more students learn well and finish strong. We provide tools and services for educators that bring together and make the most of their diverse and disconnected data streams; personalize information and support for their students; and deepen understanding of the impact of their student-success initiatives. Through our work together, our partners are empowering leaders, advisors, faculty, & students—and measurably improving enrollment, persistence, and graduation outcomes.
Today, Civitas Learning has more than 350 colleges and universities as customers, serving nearly 8 million students. Together with our growing community of customers, Civitas Learning is making the most of the world’s learning data to graduate a million more students per year by 2025.
Civitas Learning is located in the heart of downtown Austin, directly across from Lady Bird Lake and the Austin Hike and Bike Trail. Civitas offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, disability insurance, onsite paid parking, 401-K Program and a flexible paid time off policy. Civitas Learning is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.