ePayPolicy is the leader in e-payments for the insurance industry. We’ve built a payments platform to enable all of our market segments to easily track, report, and send / receive payments to anyone at any time. By way of our cool inventions, we empower our clients to speed up receivables and bind business faster throughout the insurance purchasing process. We integrate with over 12 different industry management systems, and our clients immediately notice the ease-of-use purchasing experience and boosted productivity. Trusted by over 4,000 clients nationwide, ePayPolicy makes insurance payments super easy.
We’re based in Austin, TX and have clients in all 50 US states with plans to include Canada this year. Founded in 2014, we have the support and backing of Serent Capital, one of the top private equity firms in the US that invests in high-growth software and services firms and manages over $2B in committed capital.
We are looking for an agile Product Owner who is comfortable running point for the product development team. You’ll have knowledge of product development goals and will own the task of communicating those goals to the rest of the team. You will also communicate with all stakeholders, including the customers, development team, and business managers. At ePayPolicy, features get deployed in a matter of days or weeks from ideation, and we gather feedback and adjust as needed just as quickly.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for setting, prioritizing, and accepting work generated by our team in order to ensure the most valuable and proper functionality of the product. As Product Owner you’ll work with the Product Manager on feature requests, schedule releases, and coordinate sprints. You should be able to work with cross-functional teams to manage product releases.
Your effort is important for the company as you will need to deliver products not just according to users, but the product that helps make our company vision a reality.
- Ensure that the development team has a clear, prioritized list of development tasks and own the resulting workflow
- Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories
- Work closely with the VP of Product Management to prioritize development effort
- Lead planning for product releases and set the expectation for delivery of new functionalities
- Take an active role in removing impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals
- Keep abreast with Agile/Scrum best practices and new trends
- Serve as the Scrum Master for the development team
- Previous working experience as a Product Owner for 3+ years
- In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- You’re entrepreneurial and a self-starter
- Experience working in SaaS and or Finance
- You have a sales and revenue-driving mentality
- You are a certified Scrum Master
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package with employer-paid basic life and disability premiums
- Unlimited PTO
- Company-sponsored quarterly “ePayItForward” initiatives
- Supportive and inclusive company culture with a focus on work/life balance
- Fully-stocked kitchen; safety protocols in place for those that choose to work onsite
- Free lunch stipend for those working onsite
- Open communication (We won’t box you in! If you have a cool idea for a product improvement or a suggestion on how to improve the customer experience, let’s talk about it. We value everyone’s ideas and opinions.)
- Huge opportunity for growth
While some of our team is still working remotely due to COVID-19 guidelines, this position is for local Austin-area candidates only. We expect some level of in-person collaboration as we transition back to the office over the next few months.
ePayPolicy Hiring Practice
We value diversity at ePayPolicy. The company will hire, recruit, and promote without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. We understand the importance of creating a safe and comfortable work environment and encourage individualism and authenticity in every member of our team.