Product Owner at ESO
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:17 a.m. (CST) on Friday, February 4, 2022
How You’ll Support Our Mission
ESO’s mission is to improve community health and safety through the power of data. We are hiring a new Product Owner for our Product Management team enhancing and building new software products and features. Our industry-leading software is used by more than 10,000 Emergency Medical Services (EMS) agencies, Fire Departments, Hospitals, and State agencies across North America.
As a Product Owner, you will report to our Product Management Director for Hospital Products, and you will be part of our Product Management & Strategy team based in Austin, TX or Belcamp, MD.
You will play a key role in translating our mission and product strategy into action by documenting product requirements and user stories, grooming and prioritizing a product backlog, and collaborating with a cross-functional agile development team as we design, build and ship new product and feature enhancements.
What You’ll Be Doing - the day to day
You will be instrumental in how we build innovative software, in close collaboration with team members in Product Management, Engineering and beyond:
· Serve as the customer expert for the development team and always keeping customer needs at the forefront of everyone’s mind
· Interpret high level business clinical and performance improvement data requirements to create feature requirements, user stories, and relevant product backlog items which help solve some of the most exciting problems for our clients
· Conduct data analysis work to ensure our products meet local, regional, state, and national compliance
· Proactively engage and provide thought leadership to state, regional and other industry regulators on data compliance issues.
· Own the prioritization and grooming of a product backlog on an agile development team
· Collaborate with developers and designers to understand and fine tune our backlog items ripe for the execution phase, including the creation of acceptance criteria
· Perform user acceptance testing to ensure releases achieve the stated goals and pass ESO’s high quality standards, in line with ESO’s mission
Who You Are - the essentials (Some of the things required to be successful in the role):
· 5+ years’ experience in product management or in a leadership position driving software change or clinical management of time sensitive emergency systems
· History working closely with design and development teams and ability to work collaboratively to achieve results
· Experience delving into the details and capability of considering the bigger picture
· Comfortable discussing creative ideas, new technology and user experience
· Basic understanding of agile development methodologies (e.g., Scrum, Kanban)
· Strong written communication skills, especially making complicated user stories and acceptance criteria easy to understand
· Proficiency in commonly used product management tools (e.g., JIRA, Confluence, Miro or similar)
Who You Are - the desirables (It’s a plus if you have):
· 2+ years as a Product Owner in software development teams
· Formal product management training (e.g., Certified Scrum Product Owner, Pragmatic Institute, etc.)
· Experience in a fast-growing enterprise Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) technology company, ideally in a mission-critical environment where quality matters
· Academic degree in a related field (software engineering, computer science, business information systems, clinical informatics, biomedical informatics, etc.)
· Healthcare clinical experience (e.g. nurse, paramedic, EMT, etc) or demonstrated engagement in volunteer activities serving your community (e.g., volunteer firefighter, volunteer EMT, peer crisis counselling, etc.)
Experience working in intercultural environments and collaborating with diverse teams
Benefits & Perks
ESO offers a comprehensive suite of benefits to promote health and financial security for our employees and their families. For full-time employment you this includes:
- Competitive health plans (medical, dental, & vision insurance)
- PTO (starting at 20 days) & 12 company holidays
- 401(k) with company match
- Telemedicine service provided by ESO
- Savings accounts (FSA, HSA, DCA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Annual health and wellness reimbursement
- Peace of mind benefits such as life insurance, disability insurance, and worksite benefits
- Paid parental leave, new child program, & flexible parental return-to-work options
- Casual office environments and unlimited office snacks and drinks
ESO is a fast-paced, growing data, technology, and research company passionate about improving community health and safety through the power of data. We pioneer innovative, user-friendly software to meet the changing needs of today’s EMS agencies, fire departments, and hospitals. We’re small enough to be nimble and fun, but big enough to be a great place to work. We serve thousands of customers out of our offices across the US, Canada and Northern Ireland.
Are you ready to Make a Difference? At ESO, we believe in bringing your true self to work every single day. If you don’t match all the qualifications on the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway! We are looking for passionate, innovative, and authentic people to help drive our mission.
In the spirit of ESO’s mission to “Improve Community Health and Safety through the Power of Data,” and in accordance with ESO’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, ESO requires all United States (US) employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, regardless of if you work remotely or in office unless a reasonable medical or religious accommodation is requested in a timely manner and approved. This policy will help safeguard the health of our employees and customers, as well as the community at large.
All offers are contingent upon a successful background check and compliance with ESO’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
ESO is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We invite you to consider opportunities at ESO regardless of your gender; gender identity; gender reassignment; age; religion; race; national origin; political affiliation; sexual orientation; disability; veteran status; or other non-merit factor.