Senior Data Product Manager at A Cloud Guru, A Pluralsight Company
Pluralsight is looking for a Senior Data Product manager to lead the development of our data products and drive the curation and modeling for data that is the core of our Data Engineering function. The Senior Data Product Manager will collaborate with a team of Data Engineers to drive strategic data initiatives within the organization and to understand various teams' needs. In this role, you will use your product management skills and data expertise to develop a roadmap and work closely with our Data Services team to deliver on it.
You will have the opportunity to partner with a diverse set of business and technical leaders and play a key role in optimizing how we use data to deliver the most effective path for our customers to develop technology skills.
What you'll do:
- Build, own, and implement a strategic Data Engineering roadmap and lead the end-to-end data product life-cycle from requirement collection to curation
- Lead discovery to understand a) key data points & business metrics with the expected definitions, and b) data curation/modeling needs across the organization
- Prioritize data points within the Data Engineering team's pipeline for curation of gold standard data for the most high-impact business aggregates
- Be responsible for the creation of data models which will impact user, content, and reporting initiatives and tie them back to an overall vision for data curation
- Partner with the Analytics team to understand their needs for data and facilitate the building of the data layer for gold standard data which will encompass the comprehensive data modeling needs
- Ensure high quality data is curated and work with partners on data quality issues that are surfaced from domain teams
- Partner with various teams like Marketing, Finance, Content, etc. to understand singular curation needs in a 'data mart style' that tie back to overall business goals
- Become an authority on our data, develop a deep understanding of how, where, and why it's generated and processed and what insights it can provide
- Drive prioritization of data engineering activities in a way that delivers the best internal customer and overall business impact
- Passionate about delivering the data products and technical solutions that impact our business and our customers.
- Eager to engage with key team members across product and technology organizations to understand complex, technical workflows, and glean resulting requirements.
- Data savvy and able to explain the pipeline of data from collection to visualization.
- Excited about working with Data Engineering of Analytics modeling concepts and learning about architectural principles.
- Committed to understanding business needs and the underpinnings of our product vision and communicating with engineers and partners within the organization.
- Grounded in the principles of human-centered design
- Have a strong desire to learn and make progress every day and actively seek feedback.
- Operate with empathy and integrity
- Committed to Pluralsight's mission and values
- 5+ years of technical product management experience ideally in a data product role.
- Technical experience with data analytics and modeling, data warehousing, and reporting environments and systems
- Deep knowledge and demonstrated application of product management methodologies and best practices, and a great foundation of user-centered design.
- Familiarity with dataset design and specification creation, dimension and fact tables
- Experience with Snowflake, DBT, AWS preferred
- Technical degree and/or experience (e.g. Computer Science, Data, Engineering, Information Systems, etc.)