Senior Manager of Product Management, Finance at Realtor.com
Who we are
Realtor.com is your one stop shop for homebuyers, sellers, and dreamers, with comprehensive for-sale listings, insightful information, valuable tools and professional expertise. We’re excited and hungry to make a difference to the millions of people in the US who buy a home each year. Our aspiration starts with treating our home buyer as our focal point - we believe that delivering on experiences that truly help people through this seemingly difficult life event will lead us to continued and greater success as a company.
What you will be doing
We’re looking for a Senior Manager of Product Management to lead the finance product team and define and execute on the product strategy and roadmap for our lending customer experience and partner integrations. You and your team will be on a team focused on evolving exciting new experiences to help our consumers understand their affordability and financial options, as well as define end to end solutions with lending partners. You will be leading a team of 2 product managers, but also be a critical hands-on product leader contributing to the product strategy and delivery. This is an important role and is critical for strategic growth of offerings to our consumers.
Ideal candidates possess big-picture vision yet the drive and attention to detail to make that vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time with customers and evangelizing their needs. You balance strategic thinking with outstanding execution holding yourself and your team accountable to delivering successful outcomes. You enjoy solving complex business problems at the core of a transformation of a leading digital real estate company. You are creative and capable of formulating bold product strategies. You have the aptitude to identify white space in the market, construct means to validate your ideas and can clearly articulate concepts to your team and stakeholders alike. You are a highly functioning self-starter who is seeking to make an impact on new markets.
You will work closely across stakeholders to quickly prove or disprove business opportunities through rapid prototyping and MVP delivery. You will balance rapid validation activities with long term vision designed to scale and meet company revenue targets.
What We Like To See/Measure Of Success
- Vision - You have an eye for great products, and advocate for new features with quantitative and qualitative reasoning
- Customer Focus - You comprehend and advocate for the product and our customers; you bring strong customer empathy and experience driving product direction and execution based on customer pain points and opportunities.
- Data Obsessed – You look at the data to drive insights, decisions, and help steer the product and team to results
- Planning - Lead cross-functional participation in planning and execution; direct product development toward the highest-ROI opportunities
- Decisive - You can translate ambiguous or conflicting inputs into solid action plans and precise requirements
- Influence - The ability to influence other product teams to prioritize both the tracking of critical data and the incorporation of new data science initiatives on their roadmap is a critical skill that the data science product manager must possess.
- Leadership – You have led a team, and know what it takes to coach and grow individuals, providing support when needed, able to delegate to give yourself leverage, but also able to jump into the details with them when needed to resolve issues or navigate the organization
- Communication Skills - Clear, concise written and verbal communication skills; experience crafting epics, user stories, and tasks
- Attention to Detail - You sweat the small stuff, and you raise the team’s standards for quality and attention to detail
- Resilience - Part of building a whitespace product means moving fast, failing fast, & learning fast
- 5-7+ years of product management experience at a leading technology company
- Demonstrated technical aptitude and experience in adopting product management best practices, standards and policies
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple deliverables and projects at once balancing short term revenue objectives with long term vision, sticking to deadlines
- Strategic thinker. Understands business objectives and converts them into clear product plans, follows through with execution.
- Analytical and results orientated. Uses hard data to assess opportunities, metrics driven, ruthless in prioritization, overcomes obstacles to drive business outcomes
- Comfortable with ambiguity and challenge. Thrives in a fast-paced environment, concurrently manages multiple initiatives, remains optimistic.
- Excellent communicator. Articulates the product strategy and roadmap, structures the problem at hand, experienced and comfortable gaining alignment and in presenting to senior executives.
- Experienced and extensive stakeholder management and cross-team coordination
- Prior experience in the real estate or mortgage industry is a plus, but not required
At realtor.com®, we believe that everyone deserves a home of their own. We’re a community of nearly 2,000 employees who work hard to ensure that from the moment someone starts dreaming about a new home, to the moment they walk in the door and beyond, we’re there to lend a helping hand. Every month, over 85 million people trust us with their journey home by visiting our site and mobile apps, and we’d love to have you join our team to help.
We’ve got great offices in the U.S. and Canada with lots of sweet jobs to choose from, so we’re hoping you’ll join us on our journey to make buying, selling, renting, and living in homes easier and more rewarding for everyone.
Let’s make a difference, together. For Real.