Senior Product Analyst at Self Financial
Self Financial, Inc. helps consumers establish and build credit history. We are a venture-backed, financial services startup based in Austin, TX. At Self, our mission is to help millions of people build credit and save money on their journey toward financial security.
There are about 100 million people in the US who have low credit scores or who have no access to credit at all. Sadly, there aren’t many options for these people. Most banks aren’t doing anything material to change the situation because it’s not profitable for them to do so. Bad credit or no credit history can be barriers to renting an apartment or getting certain jobs, let alone buying a car or house. And if you can get a loan with a low credit score, you’re very likely to pay a lot more in interest over the life of that loan.
Our team is passionate about challenging the status quo of the credit industry by giving people accessible and affordable tools to take control of their credit. Executing on our mission requires deep collaboration across our teams to ensure our products reach the people who can most benefit from them.
We're looking for people who share a passion for our mission and relate to why we do what we do. At Self, we want to work with people who are driven to tackle challenges, bring unique perspectives, find solutions and help make the financial space a better place for our consumers. We recognize that it takes different people and personalities to make our products – and our company – truly great. We only seek the best.
If you are someone who is equally passionate as we are, we want to chat with you.
About the role
We’re looking for a Senior Product Analyst who can help us drive important product decisions via data informed hypotheses and insights. This role will interact with Product, Marketing, Analytics, and Engineering on a regular basis. Your primary goals will be to help as many users as possible achieve positive outcomes, and help as many visitors as possible experience our product offering.
What you’ll be doing:
- Guide Product and Marketing teams with insights and hypotheses
- Develop and manage our event tracking (what to track, how to structure it, when to trigger)
- Coach and mentor fellow analysts
- Define metrics and dimensions that provide visibility into business objectives
- Contribute to our dimensional data model as needed
- Very familiar with tracking plans and clickstream data (mobile app & website)
- Very familiar with Marketing and Product KPI’s
- You don’t feel fulfilled unless a stakeholder is utilizing your recommendations
- You’re familiar with dimensional modeling and data warehousing
- You're familiar with cohort analysis, LTV, churn, funnel analysis, etc
- You understand the balance between investment and impact and can prioritize work appropriately
- You enjoy coaching other analysts and enjoy being a team player
- You’re inquisitive and willing to try different things to get the answers that matter
- Expert SQL knowledge (joins, unions, window functions, CTE’s, etc)
- Dimensional modeling experience
- Hypothesis & experiment driven nature
- Experience with data visualization tools (Tableau, Looker, etc)
- Experience with Python a plus
- Experience coaching analysts
- Experience with cross platform product analysis (website and mobile app)
Our compensation and benefits are competitive, but there's one thing that Self Financial can offer that many startups cannot: we can positively change the world, while making a profit. Over 64 million adults in the U.S. do not have a credit score due to a lack of credit history. Self is solving this problem with innovative technology and partnerships.
Our perks include:
- Competitive Pay
- Stock options
- Generous employer-paid health, vision and dental insurance coverage
- Enjoy our vacation policy – there is no policy, balance matters
- Educational assistance
- Free gym membership
- Plenty of snacks and drinks provided
- Casual dress code
- Catered company lunches on Mondays and Wednesdays
- Team happy hours and events
- Downtown Austin office space
How we act with each other is how we act with our customers. We are direct, transparent and respectful, and we hope you embrace that approach.
Self Financial requires all employees hired to successfully pass a background check.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.