Senior Product and Customer Insights Manager - Tech at Amazon
Do you want to apply your expertise in grocery, retail and fast moving consumer goods to help define and assess the strategy and direction Amazon’s grocery-related products, services and stores? The Customer Experience Strategy team at Amazon is seeking a highly motivated, customer obsessed, and experienced Senior Product & Customer Insights Manager - Tech to be based in Seattle, who will lead our customer experience and operational excellence efforts supporting Amazon’s cross-functional grocery initiatives. This is a 'big picture' position that will provide an opportunity for you to own customer insights, guide strategy and define workstreams across many teams and initiatives. This role will have two primary responsibilities: 1) create, coordinate and own the end-to-end research roadmap across teams and services, and 2) deliver insights that drive improvements to Amazon’s global grocery efforts including Amazon Pantry, Amazon Fresh, Whole Foods Market and more. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with senior business and technology leadership at Amazon and directly influence the products and operations that make Amazon “Earth’s most customer centric company.”
This role will allow you to make a real impact for our customers from Day 1 and offers a dynamic, innovative and supportive team environment to constantly build your skillset and address new challenges. You will be part of a small team that seeks opportunities to innovate and build new ways to conduct research at scale - all in an effort to influence products and services at Amazon and ultimately to better serve our customers.
The right candidate will be a thought leader in grocery and physcial stores CX, have extensive experience in the grocery space, possess a proven track record of using technology and process improvement methodologies to identify opportunities and drive customer and business facing change, and the ability to communicate the value of our insights both in written and verbal mediums. To do this, the candidate will have the following more detailed responsibilities/capabilities:
· Technology Acumen: Design tech assessments, deep dives and research to understand Grocery technology and systems. Design for scale.
· Customer Research and Analytics: Design, execute, and analyze customer research to measure customer experience and operational excellence, and recommend opportunities for improvement.
· Research roadmap: Coordination with country/service-line businesses and Customer Experience (CX) insights teams to develop research roadmap/ Includes ownership of roadmap process, study prioritization, the global consumer landscape materials/process, and leading studies.
· Deliver Results: Lead large and complex studies, including: scope alignment with local and international business leaders, design, data collection, data analysis, recommendations and presenting results to senior management worldwide.
· Customer-Focus: Have a complete understanding of customer needs and pain points, both existing and potential, and use that knowledge to advocate for and drive delivery of studies and services that enable our peers and stakeholders to provide Amazon customers with an exceptional shopping experience.
· Stakeholder management: Build strong relationships internal stakeholders to understand and evaluate business priorities, define requirements and establish information sharing mechanisms. Work alongside stakeholders and peers on studies and actions to implement product and service solutions.
· Teamwork: Support hiring and onboarding of new team members and contribute to our high performing culture. Work cross functionally with peers/colleagues globally to support training, best practices, and shared opportunities.
· Bachelor's Degree
· 5+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
· Experience with end to end product delivery
· Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
· Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
· Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
· Experience in areas such as online/offline grocery retail, management consulting, consumer goods, or supply chain/logistics of consumable products
· Technology focused degree is preferred.
· Deep understanding of grocery technology and industry expertise
· Experience with customer survey research design
· Proven capabilities in rapidly learning new domains to lead domain-specific discussions about processes, metrics and customer experiences.
· Self-starter, possesses flexibility to work in a fast-changing environment and ambiguous situations
· Robust quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, excellent attention to detail, and good business acumen. Advanced ability to draw insights from data and clearly communicate them to the stakeholders and senior management as required
· Strong oral and written English language communication skills. Strong communicator with experience in facilitation across all levels; skilled at addressing both large and small audiences across multiple leadership levels and functions
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.