Senior Product Manager - Avail (Part of the Realtor.com Network) at Realtor.com
Realtor.com®, a leading online destination for real estate services, has acquired Avail. This role will align with the Avail team, the newest addition to the realtor.com® network. Avail offers a software platform with a complete set of tools, guidance, and best in class educational content providing landlords with everything they need to be confident and professional.
As Sr Product Manager with Avail (Part of The Realtor.com Network), you’ll join the Product Development team composed of Product Managers, Engineers, and UX Designers. Your role will be a collaborative and cross-functional role, spanning across multiple functional groups (Marketing, Ops, Finance, etc), multiple actors/features, and multiple phases in the customer lifecycle. You’ll work to define and champion strategies as well as execute plans and tactics that align to company objectives and key results. The Sr Product Manager at Avail is new, so you’ll have a lot of opportunities to build out this role. You will have significant input into how we create, improve, and market our first product to residential landlords and their tenants. You’ll be responsible for a significant portion of the Avail tech stack and consumer opportunity.
What will you do?
- Identify, develop, and present product-lead growth strategies and business cases
- Continually curate and present roadmap(s) aligned to company objectives and key results
- Shape and present opportunities to the company, executive team, and partners
- Cross-functional ideation and brainstorming
- Lead qualitative market and customer research efforts to identify product opportunities and problems
- Own quantitative funnels and metrics to identify product opportunities and problems
- Evangelize a data driven DNA throughout the entire organization
- Continuously monitor and communicate project health through metrics
- Interface with a globally distributed team
- Own products and features throughout the SDLC process
- Create and maintain a product backlog with epics, user stories, UATs, and specifications
- Run agile / scrum / kanban ceremonies
- Release planning and documentation for internal and external use
- Work with design teams to create UI wireframes, mockups and prototypes
- Coordinate and run product launch go-to-market activities with Marketing, Product Marketing, Customer Service, etc
- Execute, monitor, and provide feedback loop on A/B or multivariate tests
- User acceptance testing
- Product demos, training, and documentation for customer support
- Direct strategic sales and product initiatives with partners
- Own 3rd party tech product integrations and relationships
- Coach, mentor, and train other Product managers and employees in Product Management best practices
- Be a steward of our product and design ethos, company values, and legal/compliance/security requirements
What will you bring?
- BS, BA, MBA from an accredited university with Business, STEM, quantitative discipline
- 7+ years of overall professional tech-related experience
- 4+ years of product management experience
- 2+ years of B2C or B2B SaaS experience
- 2+ years of agile software development experience
- Demonstrated experience identifying product opportunities and problems via quantitative product analytics
- Expertise in taking manual processes and automating them
- Expertise conducting A/B and multivariate experiments
- Expertise with analytic software such as Looker, Mixpanel, Heap, Google Analytics
- Expertise with Roadmap / SDLC software such as ProductPlan, Aha.io, Jira, Airtable, etc
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative research skills and experience
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to create diverse artifacts such as executive presentations, roadmaps, project specs, UI copy, and UATs
- Evangelist of product management process and principles
- Self-starter with proven ability to operate with ambiguity or lack of supervision
- Proven ability to work in collaborative environments, across multiple teams
Nice to Haves:
- Product marketing experience
- Passion for or detailed understanding of proptech, fintech, real estate investing, property management, landlording, or real estate industries
- Current / former tenant, property manager, or landlord
- Experience working with landlords and/or other real estate professionals
- Mobile App product management experience
- Scripting or implementation experience
This is a full-time position that could be based in Chicago, Illinois, or in one of our offices for the right candidate.
At realtor.com®, we believe that everyone deserves a home of their own. We’re a community of nearly 2,000 employees that work hard to ensure that from the moment someone starts dreaming about a new home, to the moment they walk in the door and beyond, we’re there to lend a helping hand. Every month, 70 million people trust us with their journey home by visiting our site and mobile apps, and we’d love to have you join our team to help.
We’ve got great offices across Canada and the US and lots of sweet jobs to choose from, so we’re hoping you’ll join us on our journey to make home buying and selling easier, and more rewarding for everyone.
Let’s make a difference, together. For Real.