Senior Product Manager, Business Accounts
Banking as a Service
An early pioneer in Banking as a Service, Q2 is the platform behind some of the biggest names in fintech banking today. Over the years, we’ve worked with amazing clients like Square, Credit Karma, Betterment, Acorns, and many others to launch next-generation financial services that are redefining banking for millions of everyday Americans nationwide. As we scale our platform into the tens of millions of users, we’re looking to bring on a Senior Product Manager to own the product lifecycle for all our business account products and help us define the BaaS ecosystem of the future.
In this role, you’ll work with customers, prospects and internal stakeholders – engineers, ops experts, business analysts, sales managers, sales engineers, implementation specialists and support personnel – to direct the end-to-end product management process for our business account line. This includes strategic planning, feature analysis & prioritization, product documentation, partner management, sales and marketing enablement, and bank partner operations for your product portfolio. Think of yourself as the glue that ties together Q2’s Banking as a Service platform: working with all the different parts of our group to help us launch new products and evolve our existing ones so our clients can continue defining the cutting edge of banking.
The ideal candidate for this role has business account and transactional experience in the technology sector (though we’ll consider all folks with deep SaaS product management expertise) and has worked with both banks and tech/fintech companies to launch business account related products at scale. If you’re product-focused, scrappy, driven, and a great problem solver – you’d feel right at home on our team.
· Responsible for strategic product roadmap for business accounts and related products
· Manages internal and bank stakeholders to ensure on-time delivery of our business accounts feature roadmap
· Collaborates with Q2 BaaS’ Product Leadership Team and internal stakeholders to align on product roadmap with company strategy
· Owns the end-to-end product lifecycle process for business accounts, including but not limited to:
· Prioritizing product feature requirements and development tasks
· Defining, analyzing, translating, and documenting detailed business requirements for engineering
· Providing detailed analysis and translation of bugs and defects for engineering
· Managing a product feature backlog
· Reviewing metrics to determine customer satisfaction, feature adoption, churn/burn, development velocity, defect percentage, and delivery rate.
· Responsible for supporting sales, services and partner enablement and support activities, including the following:
· Communicating product and feature development commitments
· Defining product roadmap and feature delivery timelines for business account onboarding, transaction mapping and associated reporting.
· Coordinating product launch and release activities, including the following:
o Internal product training
o Working with marketing team on sales tools, messaging, marketing material and website content
o Coordinating internal, customer-facing and partner product documentation
o Performing internal and customer-facing release demonstrations
· Conducting roundtable discussions with sales, services and partners to continually improve and refine partner enablement strategy
· Provides business banking product expertise to new and existing projects and implementations
· Participates in consultative sales discussions and presentations with strategic prospects and customers alongside our sales and customer relationship teams
· Researches industry and technology trends, reviews professional publications within each supported vertical market, and identifies market opportunities
Required Skills and Experience
· Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree in (relevant degree) and a minimum of 12 years of related experience; or an advanced degree with 8+ years of experience; or equivalent related work experience
· 8+ years of experience managing a software product portfolio, with strong preference given to candidates with experience in creating and managing financial business accounts
· Knowledgeable about business banking and accounts, BaaS, SaaS, fintech, cloud technology
· Highly proficient in business analysis and solution design
· Experience with project, sprint and release planning; has launched products at scale
· Excellent organizational and communication skills
· Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment is a plus
· Experience defining product strategy is a plus
· Technical understanding of software design concepts is a plus
· Highly determined and driven to achieve results with a clear track record of doing so
· Scrappy; quick to find the best path to a goal by collaborating with others
· An intuitive problem solver
· Comfortable operating in ambiguity
· Detail oriented with an eye for data analysis
· An effective communicator that can align internal and external stakeholders
· A pragmatic optimist that brings positive energy to everyone they work with
At Q2, our goal is to be a diverse and inclusive workforce that fosters mutual respect for our employees and the communities we serve. Q2 is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.